My $4 Yard Sale Find for Zane *update post #27*

It's been a long hard road for you and Zane, Cyn. You and your dh have done all that is possible and maybe then some. Good job. I will pray that this last effort of antibiotics takes. May it be our Lords Will that Zane recovers well after this long hard battle.
fl.gif

Judy, Zane has been on Penicillin maybe three or four different go-rounds, the last being slightly stronger than the regular dosage. He's done a round of Lincomycin at one point because I had it on hand and he just finished Doxycycline twice daily for about 15 or 16 days. I have all those meds due to the major issues I've had with Violet and others with their recurring bumblefoot. At one point, Doc mentioned maybe trying cephalexin so maybe that's the one he's sending, not sure. He's also had topical antibioitic ointments and sulfa cream on and in the wound area where we had to drain it. Poor boy ought to hate me by now, but he doesn't. He's quite amazing, which is why I feel like I'm failing him to even think of quitting, but we can't go on treating and transporting an invalid rooster around for what could be years and he shouldn't live his life that way, either. Thanks to all of you for your prayers for Zane and us.

Oh excellent deal and great find. I am so glad Zane is coming along. Give him a big hug, squeeze and kiss from us.

We love the playpen. What is funny is that my dog is always on the couch in that room and when Zane crowed in the house, she tried to hide behind my hubby, LOL. It completely freaks her out.
lol.png

S. C., a five month sinus infection?? Omgosh, you poor thing!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that last bout of antibiotics didn't work for Zane. Glad you are trying a new one, here is hoping it works. Have they ever done a bio on the crud that comes out of that wound, maybe if they could then they might be able to better match him with a med. Just a thought. Praying for you all hang in there.

Jean, he's been on several antibiotics that work different ways. I'm thinking after this next round which is different than he's been on before, that if it doesn't clear up, it wasn't meant to be. I just cant go on doing this forever and I feel terribly guilty about that because I love him so much.

Back
Top Bottom