MY Banty COCHINS are NOT COCHINS

Wendy'sChicksRock

Songster
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
Oakland county ,MI
ok, I posted on another section asking if I had a roo and was suprised and sad to learn that my blue banty cochins are not cochins !
somad.gif
I got these girls for my kids to show at 4-H next year ( will be our first ) and now I need some help... I guess they are not cochins so what are they? SO SO sad and feel like I was taken advantage of. I drove quite far to get these girls for the kids...

65029_3_blue_butts.jpg

65029_3_blues_together.jpg

65029_blue_bantam_cochin_hens10_weeks_old.jpg

please help if you can

Quote:
I agree, they look like pure, albeit PQ, cochins.

Hmmm....on second thought, do they have muffs? (my son calls them puffy cheeks) Some of the pics do appear to, if that's the case then they aren't pure cochins. I'm wondering about the tails too, they are a bit too 'upright' to be cochin tails
hmm.png

Last edited:
no muffs, my ee has muffs. and they were a little worked up because my other hens were all checking them out. Maybe they will look a little diff when they are more relaxed. Ive only had them for 2 weeks now.The darker one has a more puffy soft tail. who knows maybe she will turn out soso..

Taking advantage of someone diminishes the person doing the taking more than they initially realize. I am so sorry these birds are not what you had in mind. I have no idea what they are -- other than lucky to have landed with you There is still time for you to get cochins if you want them -- but the person who sold you these is a cheat for life.

Here's a hatchery-grade cochin -- he's rounder in the body and face...
30979_prettyoliver1.jpg

His bustle isn't up, but he does have one.

How old are yours?

I can't see their feet. Are they feathered? Here is a picture of my cochinx(production redxcochin). Granted they are standards but you get the idea maybe of a cochin cross.

39292_dsc02678.jpg

Back
Top Bottom