my best friend is a flake

I see many problems with the situation and I feel for you. I have a Brother in law that tried to pawn his dog on us but... I figured it would come back to bite us in the end as in he would come home and expect this dog to be returned to him after bonding with my children not to mention me.

I would set up the boundaries up front and the expectations with this cat going into your home so that if a problem arises you already have the answer agreed on.

and if she is a true friend I would have a heart to heart letting her know that you have doubts about anyone that wants to change a person. Allergies are one thing, telling a person because they don't like something they have to change is another. I know as a friend that this conversations SUCKS but being friends means we have to speak up when needed.

Good Luck!!!!

Love me, Love my cat...end of story. He needs to go. I agree that he is most likely an abuser just starting out with seeing how much control he can get over her. Once he knows she is a push over, the physical, mental and emotional abuse will kick in.

This isn't helpful, but if I were you I would ask her straight out just WHAT it is she sees in him. I would ask because I would be curious. Sometimes people are just bound and determined to self destruct and there isn't a whole lot you can do to prevent it.

chickensducks&agoose :

She flies in and out of romances, cheats and is kind of shallow. essentially, she's the exact same person as she was when I met her, 15 years ago... and then, I wasn't much different. Anyway, she's got a new BF, (who I think is way too cute to be a nice person, and he seems like a bad choice) and he also refuses to meet me... which is strange. On her end, she's planning their wedding, and the babies they're going to have... ugh. anyway, apparently yesterday, he told her that he won't come over to her place anymore because he hates her CAT. and can't be around it without wanting to kill it... Um... warning sign? so she called me in tears this morning, asking if I can take her cat.... and my DH is due home from afghanistan in a week... and he's not a huge cat lover either... I told her I'd take it on a trial basis, mostly because I'm sure the BF will dump her soon... what do y'all think?

ps. It's a savannah cat... anyone have one of those?

Your DH, your children and you are my concern here. Don't take the cat. That's the last thing a soldier coming in from Afghanistan needs to deal with when he gets home.

In this situation? I'd tell her I'd be willing to listen when she wants to talk, but I wouldn't take the cat and I'd be ready to help after the abuse goes so far that she has to flee. He definitely sounds like a controlling type.​

Quote:
I agree. I'm sorry, I know she's your best friend, but I detest people who think pets are disposable once a supposedly more appealing option (like this dirtbag control freak boyfriend) comes along.

And make no mistake, he is a controlling dirtbag, and will probably turn into an abusive one besides.

Sorry.
sad.png

Quote:
I agree. Sounds like your friend is one who thrives on chaos and will always be that way. Stay out of her whirlwind.

Wow. Seems to me your friend is in a bad situation. I agree with Cindiloohoo. Do A Deadline and if she doesnt come Get it. Sell the Cat......

Some Friends Ya Just Need To Ditch!
smack.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope everything goes well with the kitty situation,

Hugs and prayers.

Nikky

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom