my breeds

show day

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 26, 2012
HI IM SHOW DAY I HAVE 14 WELSUMMER ( 4 BANTAMS AND AND 10 LARGE ) 13 ISA BROWNS AND 6 BLACK ROCKS AND 10 MARANS 2 PEKINS AND ALSO A FEW MORE BREEDS

I Want to know what breed you like best
and what breed you think is best for laying and showing
also if you would like to tell me any of your own breeds that are very good
or if you have any of my breeds or any thing else you can think of!
wink.png

Hi I only have Plymouth Rocks of the ones you listed, but mine are Barred and white. I plan to go through all the colors of Plymouth Rocks. The best laying breed is the Leghorn. They all can show well. The breed you chose should fir in with YOUR plans, we each have different ideals and plans.

A lot of people have told me that i might just try that thank you very very much

and if you have any more ideas dont be shy to tell me
smile.png

I'm unbelievably new at chickens...never even touched a live one till Sat! We were looking for good layers and DH likes brown eggs, so after a lot of research, I decided on Red Sexlinks. Obviously not for showing since they're not a breed, but by golly, they lay! We picked them up on Saturday afternoon and I figured with the stress of the move and all it'd be a couple days before we saw any eggs...wrong! We've 6 chickens and have had 7 eggs since Sunday morning. The woman I bought them from said they started laying at 5 months (this May) and hadn't missed a single day. We haven't quite reached that production yet but I'm hopeful.

Back
Top Bottom