1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Cabin in Canada

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hcammack, Dec 6, 2008.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    My cabin is in Algonquin park in ontario canada I spend some of my summer there each year. It is in the middle of the interior of the park in the real wild part ! its located on Radiant lake. Its my favorite place in the world. We have no cell service, electricity, bathroom, or drinkable running water. We heat with wood and light and cook with wood or propane. Its a wonderful place my grandfather go the last lease in the park a while ago and built this place from the ground up with materials he had to have shipped to the lake on the train and then across the lake with a small motor boat. I hope the house is in the family for many more years but its only on a lease from the candaian government for a few more years.

Here are the pictures!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Henry

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Sounds awesome. Takes me back to when I used to work/live at a state owned Adirondack great camp.

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    That looks really big - where are the chickens? [​IMG]

4. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    That's nice.

I like the little trail in the woods.

5. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    That is beautiful! My daughter that lives in Atlanta, Georgia is moving to Vancouver in Feb or March, whenever her job is ready for her. She is so excited and says it is a beautiful country. I believe it when I look at your photos! She has to find a place to rent, I don't think she will find a place as beautiful as yours! [​IMG]

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That is beautiful!

7. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

That is amazing.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wow. Beautiful

You haul in all of your water?

And I didn't see an outhouse... where is it?

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    We haul out water from a spring using either a motor boat or a conoe its been my job since I was 10 LOL. Its my favorite place because I feel so at peace their. The only thing missing is chickens and goats and other animals that we cannot have in the park ! I want to start a homestead inside the park I think that would be really cool exept I would have to fight bears and wolves [​IMG] The outhouse is in the back of the cabin I will see if I can find a picture [​IMG] It sleeps 15 !

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  10. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    when you go up to the cabin..what route do you take?...you you just come right up the 400hwy?...cause if you cross at the falls and then go up the 400 you go right past me! [​IMG]
    how long does that take you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by