My Chickens are Dying! Help!

Cjq62

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 18, 2014
My chickens seem to have some weird outbreak! I thought at first it might have been something I fed them, because it looked like the had something neurological. The symptoms were that they started getting lethargic, and then their head twisted upside down.
I started frantically checking the food they ate for pesticides or toxins, and found out my husband had thrown my chirmoya seeds and skins to them a few days in a row. I read up on that and found that chirmoya is used as a pesticide. So I figured that was it. My rooster was really bad, but I didn't want to put him down while there was still hope. He pulled through and I thought the worst was over, but since then, which has been a few weeks now, four more chickens have died!
They just get lethargic and stop being sociable, and then they just die.
Does anyone know what it could be?
The closest vet that would do a necropsy on a chicken is way too expensive, but if I have to, I will bring the next one in if I can't figure it out myself or get help here.
Thanks!

I have the same problem with my hen except have no idea where she got it from, my other three chickens are fine though. I have mine with boiled rice, garlic, and a few lemon drops. She has had the neck twisted for about a week but has not passed, poor girl

Back
Top Bottom