My duck taped egg is chirping!!!**PICTURES**!!

Quote:
I can't remember, now I am going to have to watch it so I can find out
smile.png
I like Jill if its a girl!

I too hatched out a tape baby just this morning. I noticed a piece of shell missing off the egg about 2 weeks ago. I just happen to have some aluminum tape in my hand at the moment so I stuck a small piece on the egg and put it back under my broody. When day 21 came along I thought I should remove the tape, and when I did a big chunk of shell came off. I could see the chick moving so I brought the egg inside to my incubator and put a wet towel against the membrane to help keep it moist. By evening it had pipped. I thought for sure that this morning I would see a chick, but nothing, just the pip, but it was all the way through the shell and membrane. So I broke all the rules and helped. I rationalized it by thinking that maybe the membrane was dry and tough. I picked the shell off the top part of the egg and the chick just came right out of the bottom part of the egg. I let it dry in the incubator while I was at work and tonight it is back with mom and 3 siblings. Happy ending in spite of all the odds being against it.

I'll have to remember the duck tape if I ever need it. Thanks for sharing your story. My students will enjoy hearing it too.

Quote:
One more egg to hatch and then I promise I'll get pics! Not sure what is holding the last egg up, I might have to candle and get some quick pics for you guys!

Alright, here's the pics of the little guy. Just realized it's a Showgirl! The pics are not real good, I have a horrible camera.

34583_sniffer_002.jpg

34583_sniffer_004.jpg

34583_sniffer_003.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom