My Duck was attacked- triage & need advice

PS now we have cleaned her up. She is eating & drinking ok but she started hissing at us when we went to give her fresh vitamin/electrolyte water. We have tried not to disturb her too much and she has fresh towels down. Poor girl! She must be hurting. She isnt messing with her wound so we unwrapped it. Bathtub is clean abd safe and dry.
Now she is back to normal duck behavior which is good,. yesterday she was probably in shock. I am happy for you that she is doing so well and your medical skill was what did the trick, plus ducks are amazing what they can come back from. Rest continued TLC and she should be back to normal in no time. Keep us updated. Here's hoping the dog is long gone.
fl.gif

Mellow is good and cranky but alive. Hissing and quacking at us but alive and active. Thanks everyone. Good night & may God watch over all our feathered friends tonight :)

Thank you everyone. Mellow is still with us. She even had a visit from Marsh for 5 minutes. Boy I am glad she's in the tub so it makes it easy to clean her "potty" mess. She seems on the mend & healing.

Hi everyone! If I weren't in ore term labor I'd boogie! Mellow is back outside. She is looking & acting great. Her drake has even been patient & so careful with her. I was worried about how the others might act. Her inscision site looks good & she is back on regular food. What a strong girl!!! I am thankful!

As for me, I have been getting injections to stop labor & resting a lot. Hormones are nutty though & I am so sensitive right now. I am in pain frequently & it is hard to even walk or even sit due to vontractions & pain but I am praying she stays in at least 4 or 5 weeks more to be born at least at week 35 or 36. Also praying that there is no uterine rupture & I can have a successful VBAC after having 2 c sections :) ( i had two successful vbacs already.) God bless you for your advice & concern!

Hi everyone! If I weren't in ore term labor I'd boogie! Mellow is back outside. She is looking & acting great. Her drake has even been patient & so careful with her. I was worried about how the others might act. Her inscision site looks good & she is back on regular food. What a strong girl!!! I am thankful!

As for me, I have been getting injections to stop labor & resting a lot. Hormones are nutty though & I am so sensitive right now. I am in pain frequently & it is hard to even walk or even sit due to vontractions & pain but I am praying she stays in at least 4 or 5 weeks more to be born at least at week 35 or 36. Also praying that there is no uterine rupture & I can have a successful VBAC after having 2 c sections :) ( i had two successful vbacs already.) God bless you for your advice & concern!
What great news, Congrats for all the time and effort you put into taking care of her. Now you take care of yourself and if you get a chance let us know when hatching begins, hoping 4-5 weeks from now.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom