My Farm Life

I have a fox issue. Trying to convince the hubby that we need an electric fence. I am just not sure if a fox would be able to jump over it. 🤔
I got the fence because of foxes. They kept killing them if we let them out. Since we have set up the fence, I haven't seen the foxes since. The only accident we had was a hawk which killed a older girl. Though that would be understandable because the fence isn't covered. I dont know if the fox would jump over it? Both of my dogs have tried to get underneath the fence to get the food and both were electrocuted and B-lined for the house. Poor girls. :lol:

I got the fence because of foxes. They kept killing them if we let them out. Since we have set up the fence, I haven't seen the foxes since. The only accident we had was a hawk which killed a older girl. Though that would be understandable because the fence isn't covered. I dont know if the fox would jump over it? Both of my dogs have tried to get underneath the fence to get the food and both were electrocuted and B-lined for the house. Poor girls. :lol:
We have electric wire around the run. One of my dogs won't get any closer than 10' to it now and that's only if she's with us. 😁

Fizz has bumblefoot. It isn't swelling at all (at least what i can see), but you can see the dots on both of her feet. Getting a epsom salt bath ready now. I guess i need to check everyones feet.
I am guessing bumblefoot is pretty common. I only checked a couple of my chickens while soaking Snow and Fizz's feet, and Dot and Greymoon both also had it. They were not bothered by it whatsoever. It wasn't even swelled up.

Back
Top Bottom