My Flock Journey

Pics
Heat Lamp is off:
Tonight the chicks that are in with Hazel have no heat lamp as we only have 1 and their coop is enclosed so no breeze.

Also, the heat lamp decided that Squishy and the Black Australorp don't need a heat lamp either when the bulb decided to blow when all the shops are closed.

It hasn't been as cold during the nights lately but I will post an update in the morning. I just checked on the chicks in the brooder they are just cuddled uo sleeping.
Update must read:
So last night all my chicks had no heat lamp. The chicks in with Hazel were all great this morning. Then I checked the brooder and the Black Australorp with the sore leg was good but unfortunately Squishy didn't make the night :hit
I don't have it was that cold last night but unfortunately the lil darling didn't make it.

Im so sorry everyone :thView attachment 1530718
RIP squishy :hit
Update must read:
So last night all my chicks had no heat lamp. The chicks in with Hazel were all great this morning. Then I checked the brooder and the Black Australorp with the sore leg was good but unfortunately Squishy didn't make the night :hit
I don't have it was that cold last night but unfortunately the lil darling didn't make it.

Update must read:

so sorry for your loss :hugs:hugs

I'm a bad turkey parent... This weekend we were soaked with a cold rain (death sentence to new birds). So I decided to wait until today to move the birds out of the regular brooder and move the turks in. Well DW got home an hour late (parent fell asleep and forgot about her child) so we'll wait another day to get the move done. Meanwhile I lost two more turkeys to being wet and cold. They must have taken a bath in the drinking water and never got warmed up enough. Not happy about it, but it does happen. Had I moved the kids into the cold rain, my losses would have been much higher.
I'm so sorry for your losses.:hit:hugs

Update on my chicks:
I got home from work and there was little light in the sky.
My Black Australorp chick with the sore leg is recovering amazingly! At the moment its by itself in the brooder until I can see a bit more walking and I dont want it walking up and down a ramp to roost until its improved a bit more. It was asleep.

My other chicks in the big coop were down on the floor not up sleeping with Hazel so I showed them up the ramp. One of the Rhode island red ladies was chirping really really loud. I think either stressed or cold. They were still unsettled and I was trying to settle them but wasn't working so Hazel wakes up and started to talk to them and they stopped and settled in for the night. Ill go check them after I cook dinner and make lunches.

Current Flock Amendment:

Hazel is 3 months and 2 days old today!
Screenshot_20180911-183703_Count My Eggs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom