My lovely Chantecler gets weaker and weaker, help! 😢

iamlegion

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2021
Rawdon QC
Hello dear friends,
I went away for 4 days and asked my neighbours to come to the chicken coop, open the door each morning and close it in the evening, refill the water.
I THINK that they forgot to refill it on the last day, and my chicken crew (16 in total) was very thirsty when I came back.
Next day, my favourite hen, Chantecler, 1 year and half, was weak. I saw it. Her move was slow, I thought she was tired as this was the evening when I noticed.

Today morning (1 day after), she looked like a hen ready to die, so weak that she could barely stand on her feet.
I'M SO SAD, I don't want her to die.

Here are some pictures of her :
IMG-20220913-120317.jpg

IMG-20220913-120322.jpg

IMG-20220913-120027.jpg

IMG-20220913-120025.jpg

She don't want to eat.
She drunk a little bit some water with vitamins.
She only pees and had one poop (yellow, creamy).

I didn't find any lice on her skin.
Her crop seemed to be empty.
I don't know how to check if an egg is stuck but when checking, I didn't feel any.

PLEASE HELP ME FIND A SOLUTION before it's too late.
Thanks a lot for your help 🙏

Hello dear friends,
I went away for 4 days and asked my neighbours to come to the chicken coop, open the door each morning and close it in the evening, refill the water.
I THINK that they forgot to refill it on the last day, and my chicken crew (16 in total) was very thirsty when I came back.
Next day, my favourite hen, Chantecler, 1 year and half, was weak. I saw it. Her move was slow, I thought she was tired as this was the evening when I noticed.

Today morning (1 day after), she looked like a hen ready to die, so weak that she could barely stand on her feet.
I'M SO SAD, I don't want her to die.

Here are some pictures of her :
IMG-20220913-120317.jpg

IMG-20220913-120322.jpg

IMG-20220913-120027.jpg

IMG-20220913-120025.jpg

She don't want to eat.
She drunk a little bit some water with vitamins.
She only pees and had one poop (yellow, creamy).

I didn't find any lice on her skin.
Her crop seemed to be empty.
I don't know how to check if an egg is stuck but when checking, I didn't feel any.

PLEASE HELP ME FIND A SOLUTION before it's too late.
Thanks a lot for your help 🙏
Sorry about your chicken. Could you go to Wilco or tsc and pick I some electrolytes for her? Could she have been getting no food? I've had chickens die from that reason. Does she feel skinny or light? Keep her inside until she gets better.
What breed is she?

Back
Top Bottom