My Pet Chicken

I am interested too as I will be getting more chicks soon. So far all of my chicks have come from Ideal and I have no complaints.

I have 8 healthy chicks, three weeks old now. Got them from MPC.
They arrived on time, all alive, no problems so far.
I had a great experience.

Mine came on Tues. They are expenseive with the shipping, but I wanted only 3, and they were able to do that. They "handpick" the chicks from a big hatchery (?Ideal?) and then ship the chick with heater packs in the box. My peepers arrived happy and warm. and are doing great.
sj

We received our order of 5 chicks last Tuesday, March 31st. Everyone arrived warm and well. Our bantam leghorn is the only chick so far that is showing signs of not being well. I don't think she will live. However, I have already recommended My Pet Chicken to someone else, as their customer service is very good.

In all we ordered two easter eggers, 1 golden polish, 1 black silkie, and 1 bantam white leghorn. Everyone besides our leghorn is thriving and doing great. The polish is darn feisty.

The chicks arrive in a small, ventilated cardboard box that is lined with a coarse mat of some sort of shaved wood or thick grass-like material. Our box had two heat packs, similar to the hand warmers you can buy for hunting, etc., but a bit larger. They held the heat for not quite 48 hours...I put them in the brooder and the chicks loved them. Also, there is a blob of green gel "food" in the box and the chicks ate a lot of that. Their poops were green for a day or two. I suspect it's for hydration and maybe some calories.
Edit: This order didn't turn out so well. Please see the caption below the pictures.
For pictures of the box, go here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jjjn/3404262059/in/photostream/

Last edited:
I have chicks coming from MPC this week. They are due to be shipped Monday and I have already taken Tuesday off work just in case LOL. Of course my sheep are also due to lamb any day now so that could work for both. I have 3 EE, 2 Chanteclers, 3 silkies of various colors, 1 BO and 1 brahma bantam coming. I'm so excited!

Quote:
You are in for a wild week! You're lucky to be getting one of those Brahma bantams...I just missed them as they sold out. Next time!

I ordered pullets from them 2 years ago. They are my first girls and they are doing really great. I just received my 5 chick mystery pack last week! One came DOA - but that happens, and I was kinda prepared for that. RIP Agatha, she was a naked neck turken.
sad.png

The other 4 are doing great! I never had baby chicks before and it's so fun to watch and easy to care for them, especially after reading on here and learning so much. That made it very easy!

I would use them again. (But I think I'm at my chicken limit.)
hide.gif
yeah right.....Just don't get me near any incubators.....

Back
Top Bottom