My pullet isn't getting better

If they haven't started laying, then go back to chick starter feed and add oyster shells on the side. I did this until all my ladies were laying eggs.
I have five layers, two retired and three younglings. The retired ones have eaten the layer feed their entire lives. As babies we gave them rice, veggies and fish leftovers.

Here in the west, people are willing to pay for something in a bag that they could easily go outdoors and find it for free. Where you live, people are too smart to fall for that, so you probably can't buy rocks in a bag, but you can go to the nearest lake, river, or ocean and find it lying about on the shore for free.

Look for sand, coarse sand.
Ok dokie, to the sea shore it is

Did you ever find any grit and gravel? She may have impacted crop. Do you have coconut oil? It's easiest to get into a chicken. Divide a spoonful into pea size pieces and chill until hard. Then slip each little piece of the oil into the beak. She'll swallow. This will break the impacted material up. You will want to massage the crop after you get all the oil into her.

Here's my article on how to deal with crop disorders. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Did you ever find any grit and gravel? She may have impacted crop. Do you have coconut oil? It's easiest to get into a chicken. Divide a spoonful into pea size pieces and chill until hard. Then slip each little piece of the oil into the beak. She'll swallow. This will break the impacted material up. You will want to massage the crop after you get all the oil into her.

Here's my article on how to deal with crop disorders. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
She died 90 minutes ago. I tried helping her with it, but it was too late, because I'm an idiot.
Oh well, at least I know it's not Marek's disease. And they rest will be ok.
I found gravel on a building site and apparently they have a block with seashells and stuff inside the coop, which I used to raise up the water tank.

Back
Top Bottom