My sister was harassed at a farmer's market! RANT!!

It sounds like this guy was a true @ss and harassing your sister because she is a young girl and he can intimidate her, throw his "clout" around. Thats truly too bad, tell your sister the world isn't full of idiots but they are out there.

Many inspectors whatever their level feel that they are not doing their job unless they find something wrong-- call it "job justification" or whatever you will. I worked at a job where my area was subject to USDA and FDA inspections. Some inspectors were strict, competent, and fair-- others were off the wall, inept, and unfair. The bottom line was that they were in charge and I/the facility were subject to their wims. I managed to get along with all of them by making sure everything was up to code/legislation, subordinating my ego (Yeah that was tough.
lol.png
), and pointing out some little thing I wanted changed upon which they could "write me up". Make sure your operation meets all requirements, institute the changes requested, and don't tick this guy off. Although his actions may have been unjust, you don't want him to become an enemy. He's not going away. Good luck!

Quote:
I used to know a dairyman who refused to allow anyone to remove the cobwebs by the door to the dairy barn. You couldn't miss the cobwebs whenever you entered. When the milk inspector did his rounds, he would write Charley up for the cobwebs. Charley would then remove the cobwebs. The inspector had his citation so he didn't feel he had to look any farther, Charley would remove the cobwebs, and everybody was happy. I don't know if the inspector ever caught on or not.

I'm sure there are inspectors that like to throw their weight around, but the fact remains if your goods weren't labeled according to the rules or stored per the rules I guess I don't see why you're so upset. Whether they were rude or not, I don't know, but I would imagine it being your sister's first time there didn't help her reaction to however they approached her.

Back
Top Bottom