My son, 9, wants me to make him a pumpkin costume. I"m done pics

Quote:
Thank you I didn't think of them or the hardware section. So many idea's.
wee.gif

If you know someone that farms near you, they may have electric fence wire that will do the same thing. It comes in different gauges and some of it is as heavy as the coat hanger wire. (not the barbwire kind...ouchy)

My son is a funny kid. He wants the face of the pumpkin on his head and he made a picture of how he wants it. LOL I worked on his face and I'll take pics tomorrow for you. I need to have it done by Friday for school I should have it all done by tomorrow or Monday night. But I will show pics. AND thanks for all your help.

Well I'm still not done. I took some pics of the, I guess you would call it a frame. I had it all together and DS didn't like the top. So now tonight I'm going to cut some of it out. I'll take a pic tonight when it's done and tomorrow with my son wearing it.

First I want to say sorry about my mess in my house. That’s my sewing room and I never seem to have the time to clean it. LOL

There should be 5 pics. One of them is him walking around the gym at school without his top on. He said it made him too hot. At least he will be warm tonight when he goes trick or treating.

But I made the inside with wire and cloths hangers. Then covered it with quilting liner and the fabric was like a felt material. I had to go back to Wal Mart and get more fabric and don’t you know I got the wrong color orange. Now I have 3 yards of orange and don’t know what to do with it.

Thanks for all the idea’s you all gave me.

7163_alex1.jpg
7163_alex2.jpg
7163_alex3.jpg
7163_alex4.jpg
7163_alex5.jpg

Yes, Ginger you did a great job on that pumpkin!!!! Wonderful idea to use the quilting liner.

Might call Walmart to see if you can take the material back. Our store has a return policy on fabric that allows you to exchange fabric....3 yards is a big enough piece it should be worth the trying. If not, you could donate it to the school and hold your receipt for tax purposes as a donation.

Back
Top Bottom