My sussex chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenman10, Oct 7, 2010.

1. chickenman10

chickenman10 New Egg

Oct 3, 2010
    To any1 that is thinking of starting off with chicks you are in for a treat u might have to clean them feed them water them and give them some attention it is a wonderful joy to watch your small chicks gro up to lay eggs or to be the father of new chicks:)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

i had a good time wit my light sussex chicks and now they are laying for me and i sold 2 cocks for 50 euros a profit as a paid a fiver a pirece as kicks...... if i learned anything chicks are a heavy bundel to carry but is worth it in the end;)[​IMG][​IMG]

2. chickanddoglvr

chickanddoglvr Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2010
    Cincinnati Oh
    I have heard that the breed is a very good layer. Is that a long term layer or a short term layer.

3. chickenman10

chickenman10 New Egg

Oct 3, 2010
    yes it is a very good laying breed and is long term

lay large eggs and are very big birds:)

4. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

I'll be getting some new babies the end of this month (yippeeeee) and in that order, are two Speckled Sussex. I have really admired that breed for a while, but was unable to order any last spring. This time, I was able to get the last hatch of the season. I can't wait! [​IMG]

5. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    I have light and coronation roo. Not laying yet but any time and they are a mellow and nice bird.

6. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is one of my little Speckled Sussex.. Her name is Slobber. Named due to the slobber job my golden retriever did to her when she was 2 days old.

[​IMG]

7. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Glad you said that. I have some friends that are gardners in a major way..they love to come over and get my manure, and the eggs. when I mentioned raising their own they said, oh no, it's too much work and I don't feel like taking care of them on a dialy basis...I just felt like, well in that case you don't deserve any manure or eggs....but it's their loss I look at it. Not mine. I guess some ppl. just aren't cut out for that pleasure. I am not a plant person to an extreme so I guess they look at me the same way. After all, that's what makes everyone different. Thank God..lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by