My wife's design for Watering system...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SanctusPullus, Jun 15, 2011.

1. SanctusPullus

SanctusPullus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    My Coop
    My wife designed a chicken-nipple system for the coop. No more muddy dirty water! Thanks 5Leepy! Here's the page with pics.

Title changed by staff---not quite appropriate for our forum.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. spike844

spike844 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2010
    Virginia beach, VA
    Very neat! [​IMG] I am thinking about installing this type of watering system in my coop.

-Noah:cd

3. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Good Job!

4. Hnownr

Hnownr Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2011
    Wow that's a great idea! [​IMG]

5. TouchO'Lass

TouchO'Lass Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Oroville, Wa
    I love it! I've been toying with a very similar idea once the coop is finished because I wanted to have one side in the coop and one in the adjacent run. [​IMG]
    Very glad to see it's working; I'll be a lot more confident putting it in. And the frozen milk jug idea ROCKS! Not as hot here in north central Wa, but we have our days!!

Cudos to the wife! [​IMG] That looks like a very nice, clean job!!

But just in case it hasn't already happened, be forewarned: PVC can be addicting! I've used it for cold frames, dog beds, motor home awnings, young tree shades, tool racks, camping tables... And with a can of spray paint for plastic, well, the possibilities are ENDless! [​IMG]

Everytime DH sees me in the PVC section, he just groans, "NOW what are ya' building?" [​IMG]
    Again, Great job!! Thanks!

6. SanctusPullus

Jun 4, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    My Coop
    LOL! Believe it or not, I've seen an entire shed built of PVC... Thanks (from my wife also!).

7. diggergal

diggergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Illinois
    Very nice. Planning some type of nipple system for our coop. How did your chickens adapt to using the nipple system?

8. SanctusPullus

Jun 4, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    My Coop
    Quote:"28 animals and we don't live on a fram" - [​IMG] You can do that on the eastern shore, wonderful place. Grew up in MD for the most part, great childhood, I miss the old Maryland alot.

9. jtr

jtr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    i would install one but it would freeze so bad here in the idaho mountains

10. SanctusPullus

Jun 4, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    My Coop
    Quote:They picked it up in minutes! And when we started the chicks on it, it was seconds, like they'd always used it. I think maybe the silver knob standing out from the red plastic makes them immediately curious.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by