My young hen is crowing... is she a rooster?

musclechicken

Chirping
5 Years
May 9, 2018
We got a new batch of chicks about 2 months ago, one of which a Scicilian Buttercup “hen.” She is almost 2 months old. In the last couple days, she has started a very funny crow as her voice changes. We are worried she is a rooster. However, she has the speckled coloring of a scicilain buttercup hen and not the solid color that most roosters of this breed are. I know that there are roosters with the speckled coloring though...
Is she actually a rooster or just a very eclectic hen? We are starting to think it is the former but we hope its not true. We need to find out soon as we already have an older rooster in our flock and need to make arrangements for “his” new home if the chicken is indeed a rooster.
We took a video yesterday of her strange crowing. (Link to Dropbox with video: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qmldmx4jfdsby4m/AACJPtZmoK_p7XKyb9iF7sfKa?dl=0 ) What do you think?
Thanks!

Haha okay, majority rules it’s a rooster! Thanks for the input. We have a friend that is willing to take him in once he’s older. Thanks again glad I joined the chicken forums :)

Back
Top Bottom