Naked Neck/Turken Thread

What color pattern could this be?
9D1F0AFF-23BB-409E-B2B1-FE0868F86101.jpeg

6 eggs in the incubator and hopefully one that has hatched under a mama hen. /Hoping/ one at least is NN or that the three I know are from my calico princess give me at least one with a naked neck.

My Nn is crossed with a black sex link. My rooster is dominant white I believe. So I think I’m getting chicks with incomplete dominant white which should cause great patterns!

It might have something to do with that. Do you by chance know what breed's were mixed together to create your sex-link? There might be something hiding there in that also.

It might have something to do with that. Do you by chance know what breed's were mixed together to create your sex-link? There might be something hiding there in that also.
That’s what I was wondering because there is a barred gene in hiding in some black sex links. I think? Which could make some very cool mottling type of look I think? I’m very new to chicken genetics.

My Nn is crossed with a black sex link. My rooster is dominant white I believe. So I think I’m getting chicks with incomplete dominant white which should cause great patterns!
That’s what I was wondering because there is a barred gene in hiding in some black sex links. I think? Which could make some very cool mottling type of look I think? I’m very new to chicken genetics.
Barring is dominant, so black sex link hens won’t be able to give barring to their chicks since they are not barred. Dominant white isn’t responsible for that coloring, either, as it replaces black, and your chick appears to have some black patterning.

Back
Top Bottom