Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Kaussandra, Just wondering, with the scaleless gene, are they less prone to getting leg mites. I'd think so.

Loved this. Budgies get scaly leg mites too- except it's called scalyface in their circles. It's because the mites infest the ceres('nose').. their ceres are mostly smooth....

Hm, yeah why do those mites stay on the legs and noses but not on the body..?

queenchik- lash eggs are severely deformed eggs, not even close egg in shape. Pretty gross.. there's some threads on BYC.

Pulled a hatch of 30 out of the incubator.hatcher on the 21th.
They were NN x EE and EE x NN ( I switched up my roosters on the hens.
18 non naked necks (look like EE's) and 12 Naked Necks (can't tell yet on what kind of combs they're gonna have). Lost one yesterday a NN.

I'll try to get pictures up soon. I thnk I'm gonna have a couple of blue barred (Cross fingers).

...lash eggs are severely deformed eggs, not even close egg in shape. Pretty gross...
I never heard of 'lash eggs' either.

Been busy here trying to keep an overpopulation of young roosters and muscovy ducks from driving everything else crazy.
Had a horriblehorrible bout of fowl pox here and it has finally run its course --- no new outbreaks for a couple of weeks. I had never seen it in person before and wow, it was ugly.
Turned off the incubator, because all the girls quit laying (blame that on molting or pox or both).

Will catch up soon with new pics.

One week old and already professional bug eaters.  lol

That white one is going to rule the world (but don't think she will end up being white actually)

I hope she stays light. I love the dark skin, light feather contrast as much as I do the light skin and dark feather contrast. Very cute little buggers! hehehe

I hope she stays light. I love the dark skin, light feather contrast as much as I do the light skin and dark feather contrast. Very cute little buggers! hehehe
Oh I think she will definately be very light colored, the only reason I think she won't stay pure white is her down had the slightest two chipmonk stripes down her back, very very light I don't think they even showed up in any pic. So far though all her feathers are white (wing feathers) I know it is way to early to tell, but I love her color combo of the ultra dark skin and light feathers.

Oh I think she will definately be very light colored, the only reason I think she won't stay pure white is her down had the slightest two chipmonk stripes down her back, very very light I don't think they even showed up in any pic. So far though all her feathers are white (wing feathers) I know it is way to early to tell, but I love her color combo of the ultra dark skin and light feathers.
My pure white chick:
_MG_8188.jpg
Turned into:
_MG_5145.jpg

Back
Top Bottom