Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Anyone know what would happen if I try to smuggle fertile eggs from Greece to the U.S. by plane?  Instant arrest?  People carry pure Transylvania Naked Necks in Greece.

Only one way to find out for sure ; )
Don't think of it as smuggling, think of it as relocating them to the land of the free and home of the brave.

disclaimer: I, in no way, encourage illegal activities.

Hi!!!!! I thought so : )
The one far right is a Naked Neck Silkie (some people call them showgirls). The others are Naked Neck Green-Eggers. The middle one is a Fm (fibromelanotic) Naked Neck Green-Egger.

my babies

edit: I don't know what color the one on the left will end up being. Those off-colored ones pop out from my black, blue, splash NNGE pen once in a while.

Last edited:
Im usually good at researching what I have. But the naked necks are above my head and I forget. The lady told me what they were....she wrote something down I know the whit is show girl....I almost gathered the melonotic part for the red one but got confused.... I get the egg color. And if you breed. But the names over my head.....still dont know the black one.....

Oh ok. After reading and hearing a bunch its starting to make alittle sence. What hapens when chicks arent pure bred can you still sell them (I know frizzles cant be pure) -but polish and white legbar..... or americana and polish or brown legbar (which if I understand correctly the of springs will be EE but...... what then what if a silky gets with a non silky. Or my brahma gets with a cochin is it sellable. I have only 1 female d'uccle. And a femaleim assuming dutch bantam....but my male is a silver dutch bantam ....which she is not.) Now I know I want to cross breed frizzles and when I breed other things I intend to cage (but I read they can hold sperm from rooster for like 2 weeks) my birds are free range theres going to be fratrinizing.......I just dont know what to do when I get there.

Oh ok. After reading and hearing a bunch its starting to make alittle sence. What hapens when chicks arent pure bred can you still sell them (I know frizzles cant be pure) -but polish and white legbar..... or americana and polish or brown legbar (which if I understand correctly the of springs will be EE but...... what then what if a silky gets with a non silky. Or my brahma gets with a cochin is it sellable. I have only 1 female d'uccle. And a femaleim assuming dutch bantam....but my male is a silver dutch bantam ....which she is not.) Now I know I want to cross breed frizzles and when I breed other things I intend to cage (but I read they can hold sperm from rooster for like 2 weeks) my birds are free range theres going to be fratrinizing.......I just dont know what to do when I get there.

Sure, you can sell mix-breed chicks. It is nice to know what the cross is and what color eggs to expect, etc.
I don't usually cross breeds unless I have a goal.
Example, I made super-tiny Naked Neck Green-Eggers by crossing Serama with NNGE (you might have seen a couple chicks in the boxes Sat).

If you have more specific questions, just ask. There are some genetics whizzes here!

Yes you can sell them. Dipsy Doodle Doos birds are awesome. She sell quality. I know because I have quite a few. And I have quite a few of her black skinned chickens. I love them. They are awesome and you will love them.

Oh I wasnt just talking about hers....I love the NN ....im alittle overwhelmed with the 11 -13 breeds of chickens I have (out of 30 something) but I gues I should go to another thread....

Back
Top Bottom