Naked Neck/Turken Thread

@DesertChic @Fire Ant Farm
I was told one of you two might have some NN chicks you are willing to sell/ship to CA? I am looking for a non-solid color bird, preferably splash or laced or similar but would love to know what you have! Looking for a couple chicks (want to end up with a hen) hatched soon around June 5-10. Thanks in advance!!

@DesertChic @Fire Ant Farm
I was told one of you two might have some NN chicks you are willing to sell/ship to CA? I am looking for a non-solid color bird, preferably splash or laced or similar but would love to know what you have! Looking for a couple chicks (want to end up with a hen) hatched soon around June 5-10. Thanks in advance!!

Sorry - I think you meant @draye . I can't ship chicks. (Not tested/etc.) :(

I ended up with one of these little ones in my mixed bag of birds. Soooooo cute!
IMG_20170513_105718769.jpg

Chang, they are awesome. I used to say I would never own a NN. Then I saw a baby one..here on BYC. I had to hatch some of course. I've had them off and on through the yrs..but now, I am going to keep me some in my flock. I have a girl out there that is laying now. She is so sweet. Not only to me, but to other pullets I put out in the yard with her. She doesn't bother, may push at the new ones, but not aggressive at all. I understand it can happen, get a little stinker, but so far, the ones I've had have been super nice birds. Got some pretty colors from Christine and Draye. Will be fun to watch them grow. I know it won't be long I may not remember which is which, but..having said that, I have decided to keep a clean necked one from this hatch from Draye. I've never kept one, only had ones with the bow ties, but this baby has won me over. I have a daughter that will see it in the yard eventually and ask....why?! lol....

Cute little vulture looking things aren't they?

So, as soon as I got my birds down from Utah last month I started collecting eggs for hatching while my hens still had genetics from their RIR roosters they had up there. I've gotten four hatched so far, two fully feathered and two NN's.
View attachment 657411

The first three hatched yesterday. The latest one hatched last night but I left her in there over night incase anymore hatch. I'm in love with her... puffy cheeks from my black EE hen, AND feathered feet from my NN roo!
View attachment 657414

Oh my, I am loving the colors on both of these!!

Chang, they are awesome. I used to say I would never own a NN. Then I saw a baby one..here on BYC. I had to hatch some of course. I've had them off and on through the yrs..but now, I am going to keep me some in my flock. I have a girl out there that is laying now. She is so sweet. Not only to me, but to other pullets I put out in the yard with her. She doesn't bother, may push at the new ones, but not aggressive at all. I understand it can happen, get a little stinker, but so far, the ones I've had have been super nice birds. Got some pretty colors from Christine and Draye. Will be fun to watch them grow. I know it won't be long I may not remember which is which, but..having said that, I have decided to keep a clean necked one from this hatch from Draye. I've never kept one, only had ones with the bow ties, but this baby has won me over. I have a daughter that will see it in the yard eventually and ask....why?! lol....

Cute little vulture looking things aren't they?
Yes, Cynthia they are cute. I was hoping for both pullets at this age. The breeder have their real mother that hatch them and I was hoping if they grown to follow their mother instinct.

Back
Top Bottom