Naked Neck/Turken Thread

That is exactly my plans for that barred boy, I have a beautiful (IMHO) red girl Reba that I am going to mate w/ him then chose the best male and breed back to her for
fl.gif
red barred NN's

I was looking for a pic of her but couldn't find a recent one.

This isn't the pic I was thinking about but this is Reba

Last edited:
Ok, fact or fiction ~ Do Turken Roosters crow? I was told that they are city friendly for the reason being they don't crow, unless....they have another rooster around to get them going? I am hatching some turkens, oh, I would love to be able to keep a rooster..if only it didn't crow. I just can't imagine a rooster not crowing. !

My barred boy does crow, but usually in response to my other roo, I do not know if he would not crow if Oreo didn't. I would think it would be more an individual thing some crow more or less then others of any breed. His crow is more pleasent deeper and shorter then my EE roo though

Thanks Kassaundra. I think you posted some of your chickens back a couple of pages? If so, I was going to post how beautiful those are, I love the ones with some feathers going up the neck..that first black one and another black, just beautiful! Maybe they are another breed and I don't even know it..I am just getting ready to learn more about these NN/turkens. :) I hear they are good in the summer..so so in the winter? I hope they can handle the winter here. In Utah. I do use a heat lamp, so hope that will help.

Oh, I just went back to see your birds..I love the first black and that blue!! And, I love that rooster! Barred. Wow.

Last edited:
Thanks Kassaundra. I think you posted some of your chickens back a couple of pages? If so, I was going to post how beautiful those are, I love the ones with some feathers going up the neck..that first black one and another black, just beautiful! Maybe they are another breed and I don't even know it..I am just getting ready to learn more about these NN/turkens. :) I hear they are good in the summer..so so in the winter? I hope they can handle the winter here. In Utah. I do use a heat lamp, so hope that will help.

Oh, I just went back to see your birds..I love the first black and that blue!! And, I love that rooster! Barred. Wow.
Thank you and yes I bet I did post pics a couple pages back, I post lots of pics, lol lol lol

There was a big discussion many pages back about NN breed and NN trait, there is NN the pure breed, but the cool thing w/ NN genetics is the possibilty to mix and match and make different kinds of chickens w/ the NN trait. I do not think any of mine are pure for the breed, but are mixes w/ the NN trait, some of them I know the mix, and others I don't. I love mixes I love variety and looking out at my chickens and seeing individuals that look different from all the others.

Thank you and yes I bet I did post pics a couple pages back, I post lots of pics, lol lol lol

There was a big discussion many pages back about NN breed and NN trait, there is NN the pure breed, but the cool thing w/ NN genetics is the possibilty to mix and match and make different kinds of chickens w/ the NN trait. I do not think any of mine are pure for the breed, but are mixes w/ the NN trait, some of them I know the mix, and others I don't. I love mixes I love variety and looking out at my chickens and seeing individuals that look different from all the others.
I totally love this about my flock. Each one is different and unique. I love that.

I love unique and different, I am getting excited for these eggs to hatch. Sept. 7th! from one breeder, and the 11th from another.

hpudans? I just got my first adult Polish..now she is different. So fun to watch how she walks across the yard and turns her head to be able to see. I have 4 baby polish I can't wait to see grow up.
I have a friend shipping me 20 Silkie eggs next Tues! Love the Silkies..so sweet, and this Polish is sweet, and now, looking forward to a sweet NN or two. :))

Back
Top Bottom