Need a hug, take a hug.

Pics
I've still been pretty depressed, especially since I lost someone who I was close to.
Anyway, a few months ago I filled out the MMPI for adults, 567 questions, and it's supposed to be administered by a psychologist, but I found the scoring online and took it myself, and it's the adult version, so it may not be fully accurate, but here is the description of what I'm supposed to be like, from my results:
View attachment 2018052
"retarded thought processes", LOL. It does seem largely accurate, though.

OK, I can relate to the "strong need for achievement and recognition for accomplishments, high expectations for self and others; guilty when goals are not met..... that's ALL NORMAL.
All I can tell you is my experience... ONLY screwed up people got into psychotherapy... they're trying to figure themselves out!!! One of my close friends from high school became a therapist, she was the most F'd up person I ever knew. I've been a Registered Nurse for 25yrs and have seen people who should NOT be in healthcare, let alone taking care of people with mental health issues. Find someone who actually listens to you and your concerns. Everyone is in it for the $$.

James, I believe in you. When I first met you on BYC, I thought you were a genius and I still do.
How you fit in society may be difficult now. It was for me. I didn't see a psychiatrist till I was 34 and he waited a year before prescribing any meds. He wanted to see if I was temporarily depressed(anxious,phobic etc.) or if it was the real deal.

He had to try a few meds before he arrived at one that worked. He started with a MAOI first and that was a waste of time & money. I was eating everything but the wallpaper. and walking around with a chip on my shoulder.

That gave way to trying the numerous SSRI, only one helped . That one I have been on for far too many years and,, have just gone off. No lapses, no regrets. I outlived two psychiatrists - both died of different cancers). I weaned myself off the med very slowly and don't notice any
ill effects from it.

Also I have added a lot of years since then and had learned through half day groups at a hospital how to become assertive , the benefits of self talk, etc. I even ended up being the group leader when the one they gave out was "out to lunch" much worse than any of us.

Honestly the longer I live (knock on wood) I don't have the energy to worry myself half to death about everything. If I have a major worry I allow myself to think about it for only one day & night. That seems to settle me down. I taught my son that also and it seems to work for him as well.

In my faith we "Expect the worst." But "Hope for the best!" I'm 72.7 now and live it.

I still feel like I've regressed a lot though, like going from being labeled as "gifted" in school to being labeled as a "slow learner".

I haven't had the best experience with the medications, but if seeing another therapist for a while isn't enough, I may be willing to give it another shot. I was prescribed an SSRI at 14-15, but that killed my appetite, and my body mass index got really low because of it.

Also, like I think I said earlier, I was prescribed antipsychotics at 12, because I broke my stuff when I was upset. I decided not to take any, because I deemed the risk of side effects to not be worth it compared to the benefit of dulling my reaction to getting called names by one of my parents.

I still feel like I've regressed a lot though, like going from being labeled as "gifted" in school to being labeled as a "slow learner".

I haven't had the best experience with the medications, but if seeing another therapist for a while isn't enough, I may be willing to give it another shot. I was prescribed an SSRI at 14-15, but that killed my appetite, and my body mass index got really low because of it.

Also, like I think I said earlier, I was prescribed antipsychotics at 12, because I broke my stuff when I was upset. I decided not to take any, because I deemed the risk of side effects to not be worth it compared to the benefit of dulling my reaction to getting called names by one of my parents.
Seems a little extreme to prescribe that kind of medication when someone breaks something when they are angry. It may be an extreme reaction, but not at all uncommon. I come from a family of "things breakers" haha. I guess we're all nuts :hugs

I could use a hug today and I'm sure afew others could too... bring it in guys
images.jpeg-6.jpg
https://images.app.goo.gl/6r7umcDceCaVBdBZA

Back
Top Bottom