Need help identifying this chick.

I guess he would have to be carrying a WE gene -- and one of them must also be carrying a pied gene... If you are sure the father is split white, then it would have to be the mother, since otherwise with one W and one P, dad would be visibly pied, not just showing a tiny throat patch, I think... Lucky you with those gorgeous chicks
love.gif
You really hit the jackpot on that one, genetically... Was it a huge surprise?
jumpy.gif
It was the best thing happened so far
celebrate.gif

True or false
Are there peacock P W We We how are not Silver Pied ?
P W We existe genetically ( genotype ) ... but not in the phenotype ?.... a Pied peacock can't be White eyes !
A blue peacock don't need 2 gene We to be fool White eyes ?
Why a blue peacock with 2 We is not silvering ? ... the P gene must be there to have a chance to see Silver color !
When P and 2 gene We are there ALL the peacock are Silver Pied?
The We gene are identical ... or some are different ( or different place on the chromosome ) to bring up the silver effect?
ALL the cross P W We X We results in some peachick Silver Pied?

True or false
P W We existe genetically ( genotype ) ... but not in the phenotype ?.... a Pied peacock can't be White eyes !
Why a blue peacock with 2 We is not silvering ? ... the P gene must be there to have a chance to see Silver color !
The We gene are identical ... or some are different ( or different place on the chromosome ) to bring up the silver effect?

Is there a text somewhere that I can check my answers before I respond?
idunno.gif
I think we know the answer to that...
he.gif

True or false
Yes, there are P:W:WE/WE birds that are not silver pied.

Yes this bird can exist as a phenotype. It has a varying amount of white eyes as opposed to all white eyes.

Possibly, but most likely two WE genes are required for all white eyes.

Not all birds with 2 WE genes have silver coloring.

NO.

I believe that there are two different types of WE genes. One is plain white eye (WE) and one is responsible for silver pied (WEsp).

Not in my opinion.

See my opinions above in red. I have been wrong before.

I have a cameo pied w/e male that looks a lot like this one, the white color doesn't cover many areas of his body, Is there any way i can increase the white in the offspring?

What do you know about the bird's parents and grandparents? Do you have any of the bird's siblings?

Back
Top Bottom