Need help! One of my hens is breathing heavily and seams very exhausted, she isn’t eating or drinking.

Yes, tell me how she does. I can see anything else that wound come on so sudden, but I will tag some people for you just in case its something else. @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive @casportpony
Thank you so much! For now I’m letting her rest and I’m going to stay with her through out the night, I’ll syringe some water with the apple cider vinegar into her mouth later after some rest.

Sorry, I disagree, I would not dunk her, that's likely to send her into more shock. If she's still really hot, then put her feet in cool water as previously suggested.

Do what you can to get her hydrated. Don't worry about food.

It would be good if you can examine her to see if she has any injuries. With the cover coming off, she may have spooked and injured herself.
You make no mention of any of the other chickens having troubles with heat exhaustion.
Ah okay I’ll soak her feet, the other chickens were fine other than panting but that went away after the shade was put back up. She doesn’t seem hurt, just tired. It might be worth a mention but when I found her she was completely on her side and felt like a dead weight, no reaction or movement besides heavy breathing so she’s doing better than she was.

Nothings wrong, I was told to soak her then not soak her so I’m just confused is all. I think it’d be better if I signed off and handled this in my own though because this doesn’t seem to be working
I'm sorry, I was not quoting you. I was asking 'ol Bob here what seemed to be the problem.

@KerryStavracos11, how is your hen this morning?
She’s doing much better! No panting and starting to drink on her own. She hasn’t eaten so I’ve been syringe feeding her watered down food but hopefully soon she’ll eat on her own. She’s also more interactive and lively so I think she’ll be alright. The only thing I’m worried about is that when she tries to walk she takes a few steps then lays down, maybe she’s just tired or weak but hopefully with some good rest and some food and water she’ll fully recover! 😊

Back
Top Bottom