Need help! One of my hens is breathing heavily and seams very exhausted, she isn’t eating or drinking.

Do worry about buying all that jazz people are saying. She needs to drink H2O when SHE can. Birds are crazy resilient. This bird looks youngish. She just looks brain dead, but I don't see her movements. Yes soak her. Isolate her. Monitor her. Keep her out of the sun. If she can make it she will. They can recover quickly, but you need to get her back to her baseline. Don't be surprised if it takes a few days to get back if she finds the will. Just keep water in front of her. Cool, water and food. She'll take care of the rest.
Alright, I’ll keep her cool and keep water with her. I’ll do as much as I can to pull her through this, thank you!

Ah okay I’ll soak her feet, the other chickens were fine other than panting but that went away after the shade was put back up. She doesn’t seem hurt, just tired. It might be worth a mention but when I found her she was completely on her side and felt like a dead weight, no reaction or movement besides heavy breathing so she’s doing better than she was.
oh so she's in shock. Great deduction sherlock.

Nothings wrong, I was told to soak her then not soak her so I’m just confused is all. I think it’d be better if I signed off and handled this in my own though because this doesn’t seem to be working
I'm sorry, I was not quoting you. I was asking 'ol Bob here what seemed to be the problem.

Back
Top Bottom