• ???

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ????

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Mikeme

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2018
Ok my wife has 4 baby chicks there about 3 to 4 days old. They were a gift so the exact age I'm not sure they were orphaned chicks. They're all pretty much active except for one all it wants to do is sleep he does eat and drink but sleeps almost all the time is he okay

For chicks in their first week, sleeping a lot is a feature. If the chick is active in between naps and continues to eat and drink, frequent napping should be of no concern.

If this chick stops being active and instead of running around with its mates, it stands in one spot nodding off, then it's time to intervene with some Poultry Nutri-drench and minced boiled egg to bring its energy level back up.

Ok my wife has 4 baby chicks there about 3 to 4 days old. They were a gift so the exact age I'm not sure they were orphaned chicks. They're all pretty much active except for one all it wants to do is sleep he does eat and drink but sleeps almost all the time is he okay
For chicks in their first week, sleeping a lot is a feature. If the chick is active in between naps and continues to eat and drink, frequent napping should be of no concern.

If this chick stops being active and instead of running around with its mates, it stands in one spot nodding off, then it's time to intervene with some Poultry Nutri-drench and minced boiled egg to bring its energy level back up.

Ok he dose eat and drink but like you said he'll stand in one spot and nod off its so bad we named him sleepy my wife is really worried about him my grandma said to boil eggs and give him coped up egg yolk. Is there anything els it will break my wifes heart if something happens to him.

Ok he dose eat and drink but like you said he'll stand in one spot and nod off its so bad we named him sleepy my wife is really worried about him my grandma said to boil eggs and give him coped up egg yolk. Is there anything els it will break my wifes heart if something happens to him.
Thank you so much

Ok up date on my wifes baby chicks. ( oh yah and a quick pic of the fluff balls. Sleepy is the one closest. He's eating and moving around more. My wife read to put a little sugar in with the water and we mix in boild egg yolk with the feed. Sleepy still prefers to sleep more then anything but hes is more active. Tjanls for the Advice also any info we can get will be more then welcome. Next is sexing them! GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20180317_154931.jpg
    20180317_154931.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 19
Well they are some kind of partridge color I think. Usually shows up by the chipmunk striping in the chick down. I wonder if these are Speckled Sussex?. Or Welsummer? At any rate I think you will see some pretty birds when they feather out.
Get a small bottle of Bovidr Labs Poultry Nutridrench at Tractor Supply or your feed store. www.nutridrench.com
Put one and one half teaspoons in a quart waterer for the next 2 weeks. This will get them off to a strong start. No need for anything else in the water. Give them some Greek yogurt for probiotics.
What feed are they getting?
Best,
Karen

Well they are some kind of partridge color I think. Usually shows up by the chipmunk striping in the chick down. I wonder if these are Speckled Sussex?. Or Welsummer? At any rate I think you will see some pretty birds when they feather out.
Get a small bottle of Bovidr Labs Poultry Nutridrench at Tractor Supply or your feed store. www.nutridrench.com
Put one and one half teaspoons in a quart waterer for the next 2 weeks. This will get them off to a strong start. No need for anything else in the water. Give them some Greek yogurt for probiotics.
Best,
Karen
Best,
Karen

Ok now this is what im feeding them with hard boiled egg yolks. My wifes really freaking out cuz sleepy craped on her and it was clear and kinda pinkish. She looked up on line and she thinks its a parasite cuz it dose not look like blood.

Attachments

• 20180318_190638.jpg
    20180318_190638.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom