Need help with malpositioned pigeon chick!!

Pics
Hi all :) he is still doing really well, cant believe how much he has grown already! He absolutely loves being cuddled in my hands, its the only way he really settles! He doesnt like going in his brooder box anymore lol so me and my bf alternate holding him throughout the day! Also we called him wee nutjob lol!!
That's great! You've done so well. You're a great pigeon mummy!

Okay will do that! Should i stop feeding formula then?
Not yet, for the first week or so you will still want to supplement until he is eating enough on his own. He will learn quicker if you don't over feed. If he starts eating some seeds then drop out one of his feeds to start with. The more he eats, the less you feed. I dropped the formula and supplemented with thawed frozen peas at this point - convenient and easy to prepare.

Hi all :) he is still doing really well, cant believe how much he has grown already! He absolutely loves being cuddled in my hands, its the only way he really settles! He doesnt like going in his brooder box anymore lol so me and my bf alternate holding him throughout the day! Also we called him wee nutjob lol!!
Awww... he's not ever gonna want to be away from y'all! Im so glad he's doin well! :love
That's great! You've done so well. You're a great pigeon mummy!
X 100! :clap

I didn’t realize they needed help for so long. Chicken chicks are off and running on day 1 :D
Great job Laura. I’d love to see some new pics when you get a chance.
Even tho they're pretty much feathered out by 16 - 18 days they are just getting to the point of self feeding. Altricial = pigeons, Precocial = chickens ...
learned the terminology way back in an Ethology/Animal Behavoir class. :lau

Even tho they're pretty much feathered out by 16 - 18 days they are just getting to the point of self feeding.
This reminds me of something I heard long ago......
Why do you never see any baby pigeons?
Because they grow and feather so fast they quickly look like adults to the untrained eye.

Back
Top Bottom