Need help with new hatch

Gumjump

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 17, 2013
I have 7 in the Brinsea mini advanced. Five of the chicks have hatched around 2 pm today. I now have 2 that are pipping. I moved the incubator and the cover came off for a split second. But one of the chick got caught between the cover and waterer. . I opened the cover again to try and help it but I was too late. My question is, will this hurt the last 2 that are pipped? There seems to be a lot of moisture in there. Should I just leave the dead chick in there until the others hatch or what.

I have 7 in the Brinsea mini advanced. Five of the chicks have hatched around 2 pm today. I now have 2 that are pipping. I moved the incubator and the cover came off for a split second. But one of the chick got caught between the cover and waterer. . I opened the cover again to try and help it but I was too late. My question is, will this hurt the last 2 that are pipped? There seems to be a lot of moisture in there. Should I just leave the dead chick in there until the others hatch or what.
I would take it out. As long as your humidity is up and you make sure it recovers after opening you should have no problems. I open my bator frequently during hatch with no adverse effects.

Thank you for the quick response. I just had one hatch and one left to go. Maybe by morning. It's been a long day for my first hatch. And also so exciting.

Back
Top Bottom