Need your prayers....** UPDATE**

** UPDATE **

talked to DH's mom last night and they are sending grandma home today after spending almost 3 weeks in the hospital.
She is feeling alright - as grandma would put it " I 'm hanging in there."
she had a quadtruple bypass that removed most of the clots, some of the clots they are not going to bother with due to the fact that they are in a place that if they were removed would not matter either way so instead of doing another operation on her for clots that dont seem to be a problem they are leaving them there ( unless they become a problem at a later time )
the doctors said it will take 2-3 months for her heart to heal and about 2-3 months for her bones to heal ( they had to open up the rib cage to do the bypass ) and due to her other health problems and age it will take about a year for her to be fully recoved from all that has happened.

She is having a hardtime swollowing so she has to see a doctor about that before they let her leave. right now she is in a hospital in GA and will be heading home to Alabama as soon as she can.

thank you to all that sent your prayers to DH and his grandmother, he has been a basket case since all this happened since he was not able to be there for her- he is now feeling guilty that we moved to NM and are away from the family, but knowing that she is alright and going home - he has calmed down and we were able to call her last night for the first time since all this happened and he felt alot better hearing her voice.

Grandma will be spending another christmas with the family that loves her dearly.

thank you all for your kind words and prayers

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Julie and DH ( Jeff )

It's so good to hear she is doing good. My father had the exact same quadriple bypass and they left some others blocked because it wouldn't be a significant change even if they tried to take more time to remove them. He is doing great after a year.

It does take quite a bit of time before she will be feeling strong again but there is improvement every day. The power of prayer is very strong!

That's good news.
hugs.gif

Wonderful news! So glad that she will be able to come home for
X-Mas. I will be sending prayers your way that DH's Grandma will have a speedy recovery.

Keep us posted.

Happy Holidays,
Kim

Back
Top Bottom