New Baby Chicks

NYChicks345

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
Danube, NY
I got my order of chicks on Tuesday from Murry McMurry, Ordered 40 chicks...they gave me 42 and 11 of the chicks were dead in the box:(. Very upsetting to say the least. Don't think i will order from them again. Anyone recommend a different Hatchery.
roll.png

I am sorry about the loss of your chicks!
sad.png
That cannot have been a good experience opening that box. I have been reading that a lot of people are losing chicks in shipping, sometimes entire orders, so I hesitate to blame this on the hatchery. I haven't ordered from McMurray but I have heard good things about them. It is the extreme heat that we are having. Unfortunately, I have an order of chicks coming from MyPetChicken next week.
hmm.png
I really didn't think about the heat when I ordered them and in fact, assumed that it would be better than shipping in winter (my other orders did with no losses). Now I am really concerned. Enjoy the little beauties that made it and post pictures when you can.

Oh wow, how sad. I am getting chicks on the 29th. 15 silkies. Now I am wondering if I should delay my order. hmmm........

That's so sad! We just got our first five chicks (ever) last week from Meyer and my husband and I were both worried about what we might find when we opened the box - it was extremely hot all of that week. Fortunately, everyone arrived in perfect health.

From the looking around at different hatcheries that I had done, it seems that all of them have refund/credit/replacement policies for such occurrences. You may also want to contact the local post office it came through, as the handle and transporting of your chicks is just as important a factor as the chicks' original health.

so sorry for your loss
i agree with all posts and its like vegas, i have only ordered from one place and that was purleypoultry.com, they offer over 300 dif breeds and guarantee 100% live delivery
i ordered 25 white leghorns and they sent 28 lost two in shipping
im not sure about other hatcheries but the shipping was kinda expensive under 20 birds was $40 after went to $20 and the price per chick went down. i too was sceptical about chicks through the mail but i had good exp. hope your next order goes better and hope mcmurry makes it right with you.
good luck to ya

I have had great expierence with Mcmurray all of mine are still alive and beautiful:) I believe its just the heat !

I just received 4 chicks from MPC. Everyone was alive when i opened the box. I would think the odds of loosing some would go up along with the ordered amount, but 11 seems like a lot. I'm sorry
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom