new coop/rod

the coop is 6x9, I have 15 girls in there. I Will for sure put the hardware cloth on it. there are 4 openings, 2 up top that fold down( in) there are 2 in the back that fold down as well. I did this to ventilate without getting a draft directly on the birds, thus fresh air would circulate. I have RV windows going in and RV levelers going on the back. there will be solar lights on the side of the doors. the weather has been a little bad here and shut me down for a few days. I will stain and paint trim this week. I will post the new pics. thanks for your welcome comments. Im thinking of a name, possibly hen-rod.

ep.gif
wow! a coop-mobile, .... a travel coop.... a coop to go....

they free range! my130pound German shepherd keeps them as safe as possible , I bought 15 and still have 15. they were out all summer. but one thing they seem to be doing is, going farther and farther away from the property.(the woods) he don't come in until they are in for the night. I have a section of property that I will fence in next spring, adding a few ducks as well. everybody will have there own mobile condo. there will be some very cool things going on with the coop-deville.

VERY nice coop!!
thumbsup.gif

Fencing in an area will pretty much help keep them contained. I've had a couple (Funny that their the same breed as yours) like to jump on my railings for my carport and jump out. Then they try their best to figure out how in the world to get back in!!
smile.png
But that doesn't happen very often!!

Missi

I have a neighbor about 800 ft away that doesn't want them around. other then that, my dog would go everywhere with them. he loved the job, I had no bugs all summer, things were great. I have a 2 acre lawn in front and behind the house for them to roam. itz nice to see them running around. the last thing I want is a fence. now that I need a fence, I will add some ducks.

Nice, neat design! I'm sure your hens are proud to call it home. Now that you have addressed the wire issue the only other area of concern I see is if you live in an area of high winds. If the coop stays on the trailer it will be simple to strap it to the frame. If set on blocks it would be lower to the ground and should be a little more stable. Where we live we get winter winds of 50-60+ mph so everything must be anchored or weighted to keep it on the property!

Back
Top Bottom