New dog advice.

A pupdate yet?

3C3576D0-6415-4E0B-85E8-D68312A8543A.jpeg

He had a major accident this morning after we got up. I took my eyes off him for 30 seconds and it happened.

It almost looked like he emptied his entire colon of liquid. I don’t know what caused it. Maybe the dietary change?

Buster is doing ok with him so far. He only growls when the newcomer gets too close to his face.

We are calling the newcomer “Charlie” for right now. My dad’s idea.

View attachment 3347067

He had a major accident this morning after we got up. I took my eyes off him for 30 seconds and it happened.

It almost looked like he emptied his entire colon of liquid. I don’t know what caused it. Maybe the dietary change?

Buster is doing ok with him so far. He only growls when the newcomer gets too close to his face.

We are calling the newcomer “Charlie” for right now. My dad’s idea.
a massive change in diet plus stress can cause a little upset tummy.
I have had dogs that needed a potty round as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning, one blink and the accident happened.
It looks like old man Buster is a cool chap.
He might give the youngster some lessons in etiquette though.
Charlie sounds like a fitting name.
George would be another.... ;)

Probably stress related, and dogs need time to adjust to a new diet. My most recent dog's digestive system took weeks to normalize at first because she was so stressed out (the shelter noted she was having diarrhea in their care as well).

Definitely keep supervising the dogs when they're together (not sure if you're leaving the two alone at any point yet). Food, toys, your attention, a desired spot on a blanket could all be possible triggers for fights while they're still getting to know each other.

Back
Top Bottom