New duckling behaviour

Nectarine

Chirping
Sep 9, 2021
As a new duckling mum I’m a little excited so this post is basically me just bragging about my duckling and wondering why she’s doing what she’s doing.
my little darling is about a day old and doesn’t seem afraid of me :D she lets me pick her up and pat her, she replies to me when I talk to her and enjoys nibbling on me and my clothes. She’s a lone duckling so I believe she’s so open to me because of that and the fact that I’ve been around her and talking to her for the whole day she’s been alive. She’s a curious little thing but her legs are still wobbly so she can’t walk around as much as I believe she wants to and instead takes to standing, taking a few steps and flopping back down to chew on something. Currently as I write this I’m laying down with her with her sitting next to my face which she’s having a ball investigating and nibbling on my hair.
I am so uselessly excited to have this little duckling in my life and I don’t think I’d be able to go without her.

Okok update time!! (Don’t mind me using this as a sort of diary for my duckling) my duckling is lovely as always and as started a few more habits since I last talked about her - for one she only poops after walking or running backwards, she has a love for climbing on my back and in my clothes but most importantly she runs, hops and jumps over to me if I even sit a few too many centimetres away from her. Rn she’s really interested at walking right at the edge of my bed and running to and from me :)) it’s just really cute

Today I took some good photos of my little duckling while we’re sitting on the couch :D she’s got food all over her face…
2C3A5B14-1B3D-4F31-843F-CCC6E3135DB7.jpeg

F66BD0F4-6D2D-4296-AB81-165BE0CF949F.jpeg

How precious ❤️
Have you got a mirror set up for her? they love to talk to themselves. And when you can't be with her she will have company.
No not yet but to keep her company I take her out as much as possible either to just sit down with her or to take her for walks. Next time I go down to the shops I’ll get one!!

A comparison of my little duck to my hand :) she’s grown so much in only a week and two days!!
0AD1523F-EE51-4CE1-B360-5F02BFDC1ED9.jpeg

She’s gotten so big I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s actually a he

Back
Top Bottom