New gamefowl thread

I want
I also like the looks of those pens i think they look sharp. But for what they cost..then ya gotta add to them for predator proofing. It wouldn't be worth it to me in the long run if i needed as many as he does.
My predator proofing built into the yard with perimeter fencing that keep out dogs and my dog pack that can handle anything that comes in. This is the first time I have essentially total exclusion of foxes, raccoons and opossums. Owls can come in but can't make much use of any chickens they have to process on ground within the fenced in area. Once those pens are up off the ground over composite boards, raccoons will not be able get at roosting birds even if dog part of protection fails.

I'm no longer flirting with having predators getting near my pens and chasing juvenile chickens in the pasture will get at least a couple dogs on your butt really quick. I'm running six dogs now with a couple handling more with sheep and goats but able to get to where chickens are by clearing fences.

IMG_20221105_091146.jpg
IMG_20221105_091134.jpg
IMG_20221104_141715.jpg
IMG_20221104_141659.jpg

Bought some eggs on eBay last year from a breeder that listed the eggs were random from all his different brood pens, hatched out 6/12 and kept these 2 for myself. I’ve been trying to figure out what line they are but the breeder doesn’t wanna help since he/she’s “too busy”. I was wondering if maybe y’all can help? *The posibble lines are: Loyce Derouen Cardinal Club Kelso, Stuart Yellow leg hatch, Gene Batia Golden monkey Sweater, Johnny Moore Albany, Lacy Roundhead. Let me know if more info or pics are needed, thanks.
I would be very cautious of all this. All the names of some big time gamefowl sold as eggs on eBay is a giant RED FLAG to me. And to be honest they don't look very good to me. Like how the tail Is carried and the general structure of the bird. I wouldn't put much faith in having what you have been told, sorry but it is what it is. I'm not even going to give my opinion on breeds. But stick with breeds that have yellow legs and wheaton hens. And being too busy to assist any after buying top notch birds just doesn't happen with honest breeders

I would be very cautious of all this. All the names of some big time gamefowl sold as eggs on eBay is a giant RED FLAG to me. And to be honest they don't look very good to me. Like how the tail Is carried and the general structure of the bird. I wouldn't put much faith in having what you have been told, sorry but it is what it is. I'm not even going to give my opinion on breeds. But stick with breeds that have yellow legs and wheaton hens. And being too busy to assist any after buying top notch birds just doesn't happen with honest breeders
Honestly they remind me of my Krainkoppe Malay cross boys. I found a *old* photo of them.

I miss deem boys.

Attachments

• hredirect2.jpeg.jpg
    hredirect2.jpeg.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 19
Bought some eggs on eBay last year from a breeder that listed the eggs were random from all his different brood pens, hatched out 6/12 and kept these 2 for myself. I’ve been trying to figure out what line they are but the breeder doesn’t wanna help since he/she’s “too busy”. I was wondering if maybe y’all can help? *The posibble lines are: Loyce Derouen Cardinal Club Kelso, Stuart Yellow leg hatch, Gene Batia Golden monkey Sweater, Johnny Moore Albany, Lacy Roundhead. Let me know if more info or pics are needed, thanks.
Both birds show moderately low station as if they have a lot of Aseel blood. That with showing cotton during photograph gives appearance of low station for tail in the cock/bull stag. The presence or lack there of quality breeding may not matter much for essentially yard ornaments

I was more interested in knowing the breed, like Sweater, Kelso, Roundhead, Carlisle, Oxford, or whatever. Partridge and wheaten are color patterns that can show up in any breed, right?
No way of knowing the lineage. Only way to know is if the breeder of these birds tells you specifically and even then you just have his word and these days that's not worth alot..

Back
Top Bottom