Thank you! She does, even poses sometimes lol

The Orpington personality is really tough to beat! I picked out six different types of chicks (Welsummer, Cuckoo Marans, Sapphire Gem, Silkie, and the Lavender and Buff girls, and they're all really good girls (except the Silkie who turned out to be a boy - a very aggressive one at that).

Next year I want to just add a few Orpingtons. Another Buff, an Isabel, maybe a Mauve or White...I do like other colors too, and if we had more room I would have a very serious problem with Orpington Math, lol!

I keep looking at your girl's pictures. She's just so pretty. Is she a solid Isabel, or Isabel Cuckoo? I've read it's one of the most difficult colors to get an accurate picture of because the light dances around with the pigment and it's always changing! She looks like she glows from the inside out.

That's a great combination of chicks! She doesn't have the cuckoo she's like a light lavender with the some gold leaking by the neck, I think the cuckoo is a lot more visible in the males than it is for the chickens from what I've seen, but it's really weird because her color is so hard to explain and I have a phone that has Nokia quality pictures it doesn't really show her true colors. I'm in the process of getting an iPhone again since my old one broke and had to buy a replacement phone for the mean time

I think your pictures of her are stunning! I didn't mean to imply otherwise! I just meant her color is tough to get a picture of to accurately capture the depth and subtlety of her pigment. There is a gene in horses called Champagne, and it gives them a similar glow, and changes their look with the light. Freshly bathed and slicked up, a Champagne horse can look metallic in the sun, lol.

My husband was the driving force behind bringing those chicks home, lol. Now he grumbles about how much time I spend outside with the girls each day! That first deep, dark brown egg from the Cuckoo Marans though...he swooned a little ;) He pretends he doesn't care much about them, but he's always right there, snooping, when I come in with their eggs each morning. I was very, very much NOT a bird person until those chicks, and my beloved Lulu.

Back
Top Bottom