New Horse saved from slaughter (New spring Pics)

clap.gif

I just burst into tears when I read the first post and saw his picture

You should get an award

I need to go finish crying now

I like the name Cochese-----it was the name of the black and white paint that Michael Landon rode when he played Little Joe on Bonanza. Even though yours is chestnut and white, it would still be a cool name.

As far as all the discusion about rescuing and breeding, I think all breeding of any animals (unless they are a species on the brink of extinction) should stop. I am even against "reputable" dog breeders doing it to improve the quality of a certain breed. There are just way too many unwanted animals in the world----like people have said before, even a purebred pedigree dog can end up in the shelter. Once a breeder sells a puppy, they really have no control over what happens to it-----even if they have someone sign a contract, how do they keep tabs on the people?

I don't agree that stopping all breeding is needed, but I certainly can sympathize with the sentiment involved!

I think that dog ownership should require people to get their dogs neutered or take out a kennel/breeder license. If someone wants to keep unneutered dogs, fine, let them pay for it. The money can go to shelters and rescues. I think if a person has an unneutered dog, they should pay a premium for the privilege of keeping it.

I think that in urban areas, multiple dog ownership should be highly regulated. This would help to end dog fighting. Part of the reason dog fighting exists is because the dogs are inexpensive. If they were expensive, people would turn to other forms of gambling, hopefully those that do not involve live animals.

If someone wants to keep multiple dogs, they can pay for it. I don't think targeting a breed works, because fighters will just switch to another breed or say their dog isn't that breed, invent some other registry if need be.

In Holland, last time I checked, a dog license cost over five hundred dollars a year(I think it's much more now), and anyone who had a dog, had to take the dog to an obedience class and the dog had to pass an obedience test to get the license. Rural, urban, everywhere. I think that's a great idea, but wll never fly here, as people would object for myriad reasons, mostly their freedoms being trampled.

What a sweet looking boy! Thank you for rescuing him, and good luck with him. We want to see pictures of him in the spring when he transforms into his new self!

Quote:
Oh that would be a cute name!!! I knew a horse named Ripple but it wasn't pronounced like "ripple" or "ripples in water" it was pronounced "ripp lee" but it was spelled Ripple....I think. That would also be a good name.

Quote:
Uh, yeah, except if we stopped breeding all animals, very soon we wouldn't have any. It wouldn't take very many years for some species to be completely wiped out. Some species, and even strains, last a lot longer than others.

Back
Top Bottom