New Mexico

Zoomie, you can, in general,tell the difference between boys and girls as babies. They aren't sex-linked though.
I see - well that is cool, you see, I thought the color pattern looked similar to what you see in the Salmon Faverolles, which can actually be sexed at a pretty early age as small chicks. That is what made me wonder.

That makes the breed doubly cool. Beautiful patterning in the feathers, dual purpose *and* relatively easy sexing.
big_smile.png

Hello New Mexico! We live in Southeastern NM, we've had our girls for about a year now, 4 white leghorns and 2 australorp hens.

Hello from Los Lunas!

Wow! So exciting to see so many from NM here! Been here at BYC for a while but stopped keeping chickens for a few years while hubby was in school. Now that he's out, there's no stopping the kids and I!

We have a fun little variety (a few EEs, delawares, a Cochin, barred rocks, and some others lol) 15 total

I'm hoping to get my hands on some blues either hatching eggs or chicks anybody know of any in the state?

Henryraven86
I am south of Carlsbad and I think I have a rooster...I have 2 three month old Silkie showgirls that I need to re-home. I believe one is a rooster and the other a hen. Gorgeous jet black one I believe is rooster and a tiny petite partridge is hen....judging by the poofs on top of heads and combs. Let me know if you are interested.
And anyone else interested let me know!

@ThistleCroft15 do you have Faverolles? That's a breed I was interested in, but could not find any in the state. I finally settled on Svart Hönas and Barnevelders.

The Barnevelder people in the state (well - all that we know about, anyway) have started a sort of private message chat where we can share tips and things with each other. Maybe the Faverolles people could do that too? I bet you guys would have fun with that. That is a very cool breed of chicken!

Zoomie
I do not have Faverolles. I have a white Silkie and her 4 babies that she hatched. I just adopted 2 Easter eggers. I just ordered 12 eggs from Blue House Farm in NC, 3 barnevelders, 3 Lavender ameracanas, 3 Crested Cream Legbars and 3 Swedish Flower.
I am trying to find homes for my 2 Silkie showgirl babies, 3 months old, 1 jet black and 1 partridge.

Back
Top Bottom