New muscovy duck, keep it quiet???

Aelrift

Chirping
May 5, 2018
i found a drowning muscovy yesterday and brougghht it home. It's only a few days old, its eating and drinking but only when "forced" to( i have to really insist)
the biggest prinlem is how loud it is.The only way ive found to keep it quiet so far is to put a towel/ my shirt over him and hold it thight.
Any other better way? I'm hopefully hatching a muscovy egg in the next weeks anI hope not being alone will keep them boyh quiet

What do you mean loud?
Peeping? It is most likely lonely. Add a non-breakable mirror until you can find it a friend.
Don't force it to eat or drink. If it knows where the water source is, it will do fine.
Pics please.

I had a single egg hatch and gave it 4 chicken chicks.. all 5 moved out to a grow out pen when both adult chickens and duck are visible. I put a towel in for it to cuddle with until I got the chicks a couple days later.

What do you mean loud?
Peeping? It is most likely lonely. Add a non-breakable mirror until you can find it a friend.
Don't force it to eat or drink. If it knows where the water source is, it will do fine.
Pics please.
I don't have a mirror, just a teedy bear. by force i mean if i put it in front of his beak for like 5 min hell eventually eat .sorry for the typos, writing with ine hand the i=other is in the duck

he peeps less if i hold him though

You can get a mirror if needed. It is lonely. Try holding the feed in your hand. Make sure its water container is deep enough for it to stick its head in.
Probably a silly question, but have you had ducks before?

I don't have a mirror, just a teedy bear. by force i mean if i put it in front of his beak for like 5 min hell eventually eat .sorry for the typos, writing with ine hand the i=other is in the duck

he peeps less if i hold him though
Putting your hand inside of a duck is not recomended it could hurt the poor ducky

You can get a mirror if needed. It is lonely. Try holding the feed in your hand. Make sure its water container is deep enough for it to stick its head in.
Probably a silly question, but have you had ducks before?
I have but only ever two at a time. It's getting more used to us now but still has trouble seeing where the water is.

I don't mind the noise , but i'm not the only one living in this house.
i just hope the other hatches so thy can keep each other company'

Back
Top Bottom