New To Ducklings!

I changed her water bowl first thing this morning. She made it through the night and the wheezing has slowed immensely. She is able to get some shut eye. The problem I am not concerned about is jump starting her appetite again. I have tried scrambled eggs and even mash made of her food, but she isn't interested. She is drinking on her own. I may have mis spoke when I said there was no heater in the bathroom, I do have a heat lamp on her. Is that sufficient?

I changed her water bowl first thing this morning. She made it through the night and the wheezing has slowed immensely. She is able to get some shut eye. The problem I am not concerned about is jump starting her appetite again. I have tried scrambled eggs and even mash made of her food, but she isn't interested. She is drinking on her own. I may have mis spoke when I said there was no heater in the bathroom, I do have a heat lamp on her. Is that sufficient?
Do you have any vitamins? baby or poultry? baby poly vi sol without iron some use I prefer the poultry but you could mix some in their water to help jump start appetite. warm wet feed may intice her adda small maount of ACV to the water before adding to her feed. Just a tiny bit of feed at a time. Chicken will eat scrambled eggs but I have never seen any of my ducks eat eggs in any form except the shells. Heat lamp is good just try to keep up with temps and not let her get over heated.

I have added some poultry vitamins and electrolytes to her water, we got some yesterday. I usually keep it on hand for all of the babies. She's still hanging in there. She is drinking a lot of water but still uninterested in food. I have to keep myself on a schedule so I'm not constantly in there bothering her and waking her up if she is resting. I put some warm moist food with the acv in her box as you suggested. I can only watch and hope. Thanks again for the words of advice and encouragement!

I have added some poultry vitamins and electrolytes to her water, we got some yesterday. I usually keep it on hand for all of the babies. She's still hanging in there. She is drinking a lot of water but still uninterested in food. I have to keep myself on a schedule so I'm not constantly in there bothering her and waking her up if she is resting. I put some warm moist food with the acv in her box as you suggested. I can only watch and hope. Thanks again for the words of advice and encouragement!
Hopefully the vitamins will help her get her appetite back especially if she is drinking water.

So far, no change. She is sleeping a lot, but when she wakes up she drinks and constantly cleans herself.

Still hoping and praying for this little angel.

We used towels for bedding the ducklings. And sometimes ducklings do get bacterial respiratory infections that need antibiotics - so bear that in mind. I think you are right to try to remove anything dusty from the environment. Do they have a way to wash their little heads frequently?

That is important hygiene for ducklings.

Yep, she has a towel in her box and a water bowl deep enough to wash her head. I'm just really really concerned about her lack of interest in food. She is drinking though. She is sleeping a lot, and doesn't stay awake very long.

Yes, it's a tough call. If you cannot get to a vet who knows what to do, then keeping her warm enough, hydrated, some vitamins, electrolytes, probiotics, ACV, and lots of love is about what you can do.

There may be some older threads you can search for to see if anyone has successfully used antibiotics for ducklings with respiratory problems.

Back
Top Bottom