New White Runner!

javajanie

Songster
9 Years
May 10, 2010
Southern MD
I needed a female runner and really wanted a white one, but didn't want to buy 10 + straight run from Holderreads. Nicky (gofasterstripe) had some white runners, but she lives 9 1/2 hours away from me. Crazy hubby wanted a white runner so badly, he said, Let's go! So we took a road trip to get a duck. Ended up picking up one for my sister in law too. Nicky has such pretty duckies! I really enjoyed meeting her and her husband and her flock. Here's a picture of my blue runner drake, Gerber, with his new woman, Beatrix (aka Trixie). They are getting along like they've always been together and Beatrix is already eating peas out of my hands and letting me give her duckie hugs like Gerber does! Nicky raises such sweet ducks!
Indian Runner Ducks by javajanie, on Flickr

I'm so jealous! I want a white one so bad! She's lovely
big_smile.png

Her name is Beatrix. And actually, she's really pure white. Not sure why she looks a little creamy in that picture. May have been the light. I just love her!

Awwww,
love.gif

DH just looked over my shoulder and said, "Y'know, I really like the white ones and the fawn and white ones . . . "

We have nine runners, black and chocolate. So next year the plan is to add a few. Perhaps we want to get some different colored babies.

She is lovely!

As a side note, I love taking road trips to pick up animals. I've done it more than once. It makes the whole experience so much more memorable and fun!

Back
Top Bottom