new years black eye peas

Go to a big grocery store or your local farmers market and you will finddozens of choices. Look them up on google to be sure you know what you are looking at. I have seen mislabled greens before.

Buy 'baby' greens. Make a nice mixed salad. Add things like chicken, boiled egg slices, favorite dressing, nuts, dried fruits etc to help mask the new flavors until he gets accustomed to them on his pallette and in his diet.

Quote:
It was like pulling teeth to get him to try a piece of baby spinach with bacon and cheese... He finally did, but wouldn't take another bite. He said it didn't taste bad, he just didn't want to eat it.

He will not eat lettuce of any kind in any form. Says he had a bad experience with it when he was little.

He doesn't like fruit either
roll.png
He'd never even HAD an orange until last year. I was eating one and he asked what oranges tasted like!! I about fell off my chair. He says they are 'ok' Seriously, I've never met anybody that didn't at least like fruit...

So, do you have any "greens in secret" recipes?

Chopped spinach cooked in spaghetti sauce and baked in different breads. You might need one of the childrens books about hiding vegetable in other foods.

My husband eats what I prepare. No questions asked. Even if he doesn't like it he eats it. Alot of foods may not taste great but they aren't supposed to. They impart different nutrients needed in our bodies. Lots of greens I may not particularly like but I eat them because they are good for my body.

Once you make up your mind and want to do good things for yourself you'll find over time you develop a taste and learn to actually like many more things than you ever expected.

Alot of people with a very limited dining habit either had a parent hat couldn't cook well and forced it on them or were never exposed to a wide and varied diet.

My kids are exposed to a vast range of foods. I have a 2 yr old who loves beets, carrots, brocooli and asparagus. He will even eat them raw. He loves cheeses and very spicey salsa. Even when we knew salsa was probably too hot for him we let him taste it. He developed an affection for hot salsa. If we go out for mexican the man who owns the restaurant brings him a bowl and spoon as he eats it like soup. lol

I hate having to hide it from him, I eat things that I don't really like either, but he just won't. But I will try the spinach in spaghetti thing. And look for one of those kiddy recipe books. Men really can be such children...

Terrielacey, hide girl!

Back
Top Bottom