No... My birds aren't spoiled...

boxermom

Songster
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
Spencer,IA
Nope. They're not. Doesn't everyone feed their birds warm oatmeal with all kinds of goodies every morning? Today, they had oatmeal with potato salad mixed in and a little lettuce. Num, num! Tonight, I went out to do chores and "get them ready for bed". I gave them some stale bread. They loved it, but my tom turkey, Ole wouldn't eat it unless I held it for him. Nope, they're not spoiled...
wink.png

We don't spoil ours.
wink.png
Our chickens fight for treats when they see them.
lol.png
To them, anything other than their feed and what grows on the ground is a "treat," and even if there's plenty for all, they'll start a war. Sometimes the whole family will gather 'round, and we'll toss a single piece of bread to our 4 hens. THAT is fun.

I, personally, think that you are completely and totally insane. But then again, aren't we all? Anyone who goes to a chicken forum has to have issues.
lau.gif
gig.gif

My chickens spoiled? Well, maybe a little. The chickens get a morning mash platter of moistened game bird starer, baked crushed egg shells, sprouted sunflower seeds, a 12 oz can of lamb and rice dog food and a 5 oz can of tuna cat food. Since the garden is finished a dish of store bought spinach and cabbage is on the side.

I have a feeling when I finally get into a home (in apt now) and I have my chickens set up in the back garden I will do the same thing. Spoil them rotten! They'll prolly eat better then me
smile.png

I give mine oatmeal 2 times a week since its got cold rest of the week they get warm mash in the morning. They get some scratch before bed. Also sometimes they get kale or spinach and of course boss. Mine spoiled? no. they even have curtains and pictures in their coop.

Mine got scrambles eggs and cheese griller sossages for breakfast......so NOT spoiled....
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom