North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
I had a baby quail die during the first power outage. I wanna move to Florida
And trade in the snow for hurricanes?? Oy that'd be a mighty leap! I enjoy the LOOKS of snow. Not the WORK of snow. My poor dog has to stick to shoveled/plowed areas for going potty and he hates it. This stuff is above his head now :(

He tried the other night to go into the woods like he normally does to poop, and found a sink hole of snow, didn't see him again until he popped out the snow bank... Was hilarious and scary at the same time LOL. I didn't want to have to shovel around in the wooded area for my dog. The chicks in the coop don't seem to mind it, as long as I shovel an area for them to come out once in a while. All chicks are in the brooder in the garage. I have a pair that are old enough to move outside, but with as cold and wet as it is, I don't have any way to integrate into the flock without the possibility of them getting wet. The crate/pen method works nicely in nice weather. But when the snow starts melting, I have a feeling it will be having to move the adult chickens into the barn for a bit.

I agree firedragon1982 I love how pretty everything looks right now, but trying to do anything out back takes extra time and effort. Keeping water thawed, paths shoveled. My big chickens won't go out unless we clear and area also. It's sooo funny to watch when one does venture into deep snow! They freak out and fly back to the shoveled area.

Hello! Does anyone know of some breeders in our area (or relatively close proximity to our region) who have Blue Laced Red Wyandottes for sale?? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

Hello North Idaho/Eastern Washington... I have been on this site for awhile and just saw this group... I live in Tensed, ID (north of Moscow, south of Plummer) I have 17 chickens & 16 ducks. I am looking to increase my chicken flock. I have hatched a few from my current hens (they came out beautiful/handome) My chickens seem to throw cockreles more than pullets. I am interested in the cold hardy chickens e.g. Light Brahma, Buff Brahma, Columbian-Rock or Rock Bantam Wyandottes', I like the Delaware also.
Is there a duck group here in this same area we live in???
Thanks All... and Happy New Year & a healthy & prosporous Year too!!!

Back
Top Bottom