North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
@ Goofy I moved to northwest Idaho 1.5 yrs ago and am not familiar with your area or much of mine, yet. I am still searching and finding and learning. But I have seen Barred Rock chicks at the feed stores when all the chicks come in for sale in the spring. May I suggest calling around to all your feed stores??? Just a though, if what you are looking for is what they will have on hand. Or maybe you could ask a feed store to order what you want when they place their order, they may do this for you....???

Last edited:
@ Goofy I moved to northwest Idaho 1.5 yrs ago and am not familiar with your area or much of mine, yet. I am still searching and finding and learning. But I have seen Barred Rock chicks at the feed stores when all the chicks come in for sale in the spring. May I suggest calling around to all your feed stores??? Just a though, if what you are looking for is what they will have on hand. Or maybe you could ask a feed store to order what you want when they place their order, they may do this for you....???
X2 There are several "Country Store" stores in Spokane and I know that you can order from Privett Hatchery with them. That is the hatchery that most of the feed stores around here get their chicks from. You just go in and look thru the catalog and they will include your choices with their order when it comes in. I don't know when they will start getting chicks in. So if you are looking for them now that may not be an option.

@ Goofy Hi, I just read about the Plymouth Rock chicken and realize it is a Heritage breed. I dont think a feed store would order just a few for you. Good Luck, I will keep my ears and eyes open for you and your Plymouths.

I think we should plan a get together of the peeps in this area? I anyone game? Something simple in a central location, like at a diner or coffee shop. Then maybe we could make it a monthly thing...

Let me know what you all think about that.

Will you order them ftom efowl?

I think I will order from @Chickielady she has some pretty interesting other varieties too.

I think we should plan a get together of the peeps in this area? I anyone game? Something simple in a central location, like at a diner or coffee shop. Then maybe we could make it a monthly thing... 

That would be awesome.

I like the idea, I am 1 hr south of CDA & 1 hr east of Spokane. I go to CDA for shopping. Spirit Lake is about 30mins north of CDA, correct? I will go either direction.

Last edited:
Thanks ya'll. I went to the country store and asked what kind of chicks they had the guy said he could only remember a few he said Rhode Island Red, Cornish Cross, and white Leghorn. I think they might have Plymouth Rocks I'll check again soon. They might have them at N-40 (Big R) also.
I think we'll be buying a broody hen. We'll put in fake eggs for her to sit on, and then we'll shove chicks under her after a week.
What are ya'lls spring plans?

Back
Top Bottom