Northern California Meet Up/Chicken Swap - Sunday October 10th!

NO FBCMs?
hit.gif

But Warden has Icelandics I see. I was going to wait a while on those, but I have some empty (don't know how) bators!

I do have a nice little roo. Hatched in May I belive and just getting his saddle feathers. Cross from my blue wheaten AM and BR hen. He's barred with tan saddle and hackle feathers comeing in.

I just have way to many roos. Was hoping to keep him, but have to cut back around here since money has become scarce since Bill passed away.

Gotta get my planned stock together. I have Bev Davis flock that only wants to litter the place with moulted feathers. Looks like a bird masacre in my yard.

I also have some cuties from my golden neck d'Uccle and a Lt Brahma. They are coming in silver and gold feathered. Really cute little guys.

Unfortunately I'm seeing that alot of people have roos to give or sell. I'm NOT really seeing many people that are looking for them.

I have 3 that just turned into roos in my 6 week old pen, but I'm not betting I can get them re-homed, but we'll see

Also technically we are not supposed to have roosters in Lafayette, but because it's during the day, it will probably be ok, I'll just have to put a note in my neighbors mailboxes with some eggs!

Quote:
FOR SURE BRING IT ON! let's have a PARTY!!!!

Uuh... I've already bought the serve ware, and I only bought for around 85 peeps... sooo... any more folks and they'll be eating off their hands!
wink.png

ETA: Other members should probably volunteer to bring extra plates, cups, utensils, etc. as I'm sure we'll go through these things quickly.

Last edited:
Quote:
FOR SURE BRING IT ON! let's have a PARTY!!!!

Uuh... I've already bought the serve ware, and I only bought for around 85 peeps... sooo... any more folks and they'll be eating off their hands!
wink.png

ETA: Other members should probably volunteer to bring extra plates, cups, utensils, etc. as I'm sure we'll go through these things quickly.

I can bring some since I can't cook in the hotel the night before! I'll bring extra cups. plates and utensils.

Quote:
wink.png

I can bring some since I can't cook in the hotel the night before! I'll bring extra cups. plates and utensils.

Way to step up to the plate!
big_smile.png

ETA: Pun wasn't originally intended...
tongue.png

Last edited:
I finally signed up. the date came up waaayyyy faster than I thought. Cheryl, good thing you PMd me. I've been so busy with school, my mind isn't working right.
hide.gif

Nifty, if you don't make the apple crisp, let me know, and I'll make a bunch of that instead of the sephardic salad. I just picked all the apples off my tree.
smile.png

So this is where everyone disappeared to...been a long week maybe if I just paid a little more attention so I totally got my mother hooked on the chickens she thinks I'm a nut because its like ALL i think about lord help me come sunday....

Well, looks like my two cockerels aren't going for a ride down to the bay area.
lol.png
It's fine, I figured probably no one would be interested. We hatch-a-holics have problems with excess roosters! I'll find homes for them eventually I'm sure! They're pretty boys, friendly, and they coexist peacefully so they can chill in my coop for however long they need.

I'm excited about these door prizes!
big_smile.png
And Cheryl, I have a Flock Raiser bag already in the car for you! Also, I don't mind helping with clean up one bit! I won't be in a hurry to scram, so I'll stick around afterwards and help.

This get-together is going to be LOTS of fun!

Last edited:
Quote:
EXCITED!! I have carnival games for the kids and other stuff to amuse them as the chicken talk may not hold their interest the whole time. We are also at the end of a court so I'll put some of the games out there too

Talked to John @ Alamo Feed and he is donating something for the doorprizes too! Funny he said I could give you feed but that's so boring, I said true but we all need it, he says nah come on in maybe waterers or feeders, come on in I'll fix you up! Arn't chicken people great!

Thanks for the bag! I might be hooking up with Purina on this deal! cool things happen

Back
Top Bottom