Northern California Meet Up/Chicken Swap - Sunday October 10th!

I need a favor...is anyone coming from South San Jose area with a truck?
smile.png

Quote:
And here I was a couple of month ago thinking, "A chicken get together might be fun. Maybe, 5 to 10 people, it could be a barbeque... I bet nobody would be that interested though... it'll be nice regardless, chatting chickens with some like minded folks...".

I never imagined the event would wind up being so much more!
tongue.png

I'm hoping all this effort turns out to be a great day on Sunday.

You still need to do another at a park or something.

I was kind of looking forwrd to San Leandro!

Oh well...........will drive for chickens. LOL

Maybe you should start up yet another one, so we can just keep going.

Monthly meetups!

Just remember that this original idea of yours turned into quit a venture! LOL

I think a monthly thing of some kind would work though.
big_smile.png

That Sumatra over your Phoenix hens will be awesome. I've seen a few and really liked them. I just love the look of both of those breeds.

D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Well, we are sure looking forward to meetin you all. We are from the Petaluma area and looking forward to talking 'chicken' !! Ha Ha!

Cheryl, let me add our thanks to all your hard work for what will be a great party!

At this point, I am wondering if I should even bring our 2 cockerels. I've had no inquires, but I really need to find a good home for them.
Felix & Oscar are our first hatched chicks, hen raised, free range, really gorgeous color. They are on the For Sale link on your 1st post.
But we only have 9 hens & pullets for these 2 & the daddy rooster, Herman. And we have 2 almost 12 week old chicks that i am still hoping and praying that they are pullets....still can't tell for sure.

Let me know what you think.

We maybe interested in orpingtons as well.

Last edited:
Quote:
And here I was a couple of month ago thinking, "A chicken get together might be fun. Maybe, 5 to 10 people, it could be a barbeque... I bet nobody would be that interested though... it'll be nice regardless, chatting chickens with some like minded folks...".

I never imagined the event would wind up being so much more!
tongue.png

I'm hoping all this effort turns out to be a great day on Sunday.

Monthly meetups!

big_smile.png

That Sumatra over your Phoenix hens will be awesome. I've seen a few and really liked them. I just love the look of both of those breeds.

I for one would love monthly meet-ups. We could do them in different parts of northern California so different people could attend! And those of us who are crazy and will gladly drive a few hours for chickens and talking about chickens could go to all of them.
wink.png
The only thing is that it would be hard to organize that many!

And yeah, I might try the sumatra/phoenix cross this spring just because it piques my interest and it would be fun. Do you know where there are any pictures of the cross? I'm looking around but haven't spotted any yet. My bantam phoenix hens have great tails, too, and come from a long bloodline of long tails, so whatever came out of the cross would definitely have a gorgeous tail! I could stick my bantam sumatra with the two bantam phoenix hens and the bantam sumatra hen as well, and just hatch all the eggs. Then I'd get pure and the cross, too, in one go.
big_smile.png
Also, more eggs to hatch that way, because a single pair doesn't produce all that many eggs.

Thank you, Cheryl, for hosting this event !
woot.gif
welcome-byc.gif

The cake designer at my local supermarket, G & G, is having fun trying to draw a chicken on the cake ... we'll see what she does on Sunday
D.gif

I'll see if Larry @ Western Farm will donate anything, if he's in the office tomorrow.
love.gif

Shopping trip one is complete for Sunday's event. I've got all of the food covered!
Tomorrow is shopping trip number 2 and hopefully tying up and loose ends before the big day!
ya.gif

Quote:
I've got to work tomorrow morning. Then, finish buying the food stuffs, put everything together (no baking requied!), go and drop off my laundry, on the way home clean out the car/wash the car and then... I dunno? I'll probably be scrambling Sunday morning to get miscellaneous things done at the last minute.

ETA: Did anybody in the Oakland area decide if they needed a carpool ride?

Last edited:
Quote:

Monthly meetups!

big_smile.png

I for one would love monthly meet-ups. We could do them in different parts of northern California so different people could attend! And those of us who are crazy and will gladly drive a few hours for chickens and talking about chickens could go to all of them.
wink.png
The only thing is that it would be hard to organize that many!

And yeah, I might try the sumatra/phoenix cross this spring just because it piques my interest and it would be fun. Do you know where there are any pictures of the cross? I'm looking around but haven't spotted any yet. My bantam phoenix hens have great tails, too, and come from a long bloodline of long tails, so whatever came out of the cross would definitely have a gorgeous tail! I could stick my bantam sumatra with the two bantam phoenix hens and the bantam sumatra hen as well, and just hatch all the eggs. Then I'd get pure and the cross, too, in one go.
big_smile.png
Also, more eggs to hatch that way, because a single pair doesn't produce all that many eggs.

Did see some pics a long while back, but I saw some in person and WOW. They were way cool. I liked them a lot.

My little babies sure are cute. Lt Brahma x Golden Neck d'Uccle.....Both feathered feet, but the babies had lighter feathering (so far) on the legs and getting those big d'uccle feathers on the feet. They're turniing out as silver and golds. So cute. I have 3 that are 2 weeks, 2 that are 6 day and 1 that's 2 days. I also have one Mille Fluer d'Uccle that I'm praying is a pullet. I need her. Especially since I have 3 roos !

And I also have 2 other brooders going, so polish, wellies and penes will be going out to a new growing pen as soon as I get it finished. Also have some FBCM x BRs in there.

Back
Top Bottom