Not Eating Feed - Help Please!

I had a hen that was doing that and she is the smallest of the flock. I just had to feed her grit by my hand and then she ate after that.

Good news guys, Cream started eating this morning! I wet the feed for her and it was like magic! She immediately started eating.

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions! I am very thankful for all of your help.

3CA1B2B1-F1DE-487C-A569-BDC10665F5DD.jpeg

Wet the feed down, or even better yet, ferment it. Stop giving her treats. What is the mill date on your bag of feed? It has an acceptable shelf life of 6 weeks, and rapidly starts to go rancid after that date. What is the protein content of your feed?
The protein content is 15%. I will check the mill date. It is probably close to or just about 6 weeks old. I do have a brand new bag that I can open.

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I will definitely stop snacks and I have opened the new bag of food. I am disappointed to hear that the protein content of my feed is too low, I will definitely look into getting some different feed.

What does wetting her food do? I noticed that she was picking at some feed that I had dropped today, it was raining so it was wet. I can give that a try also.

Back
Top Bottom