Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I have a 5 week old rhode Island red and I was wondering if "she" was a he instead

We picked up 12 more "layers" to add to our flock early this spring 4 black australops, 4 new hampshire reds, 2 silver laced wyandots, and 2 auracanas. All were supposed to be pullets. Clearly not true because we have 2 black australop roos, a rooster i m not sure of the breed, and one that i think is an auracana roo. Both of these birds came out of the auracana trough at rural king. I m thinking the one is a roo silver laced wyandot and the other is a roo auracana.

Auracana?? Hen Or Roo??

We just call "him" puffy cheeks.

Silver laced wyandot roo or auracana roo or something else???

Thanks in advance! you guys are great!
Both are Easter Egger cockerels. You will not find true Araucana at any feed store. They can only be obtained from breeders.

7 wk old RIR by they way... And here is one more close up. Her Waddle and comb are more pronounced that any the other chicks we have and she has some dark tail feathers at the bottom of her tail. That's why I am wondering.

thank you! i m hoping to keep one. the silver one seems to be much more dominant than the darker red one.

I posted in a different thread, but I will try on here as well. We just got a silkie, and I'm new to this whole chicken thing, but I've heard they're difficult to sex. It's beginning to get a bit of a red comb, and it's 5-6 weeks old. We can't have roosters in our area, although I don't know why because we live in a subdivision next to a peacock farm and those birds are LOUD! Anyway, just curious to see if anyone has any idea about this bird. It's my daughters, and if it's a male I would rather find it a good home before she gets too attached.

I posted in a different thread, but I will try on here as well. We just got a silkie, and I'm new to this whole chicken thing, but I've heard they're difficult to sex. It's beginning to get a bit of a red comb, and it's 5-6 weeks old. We can't have roosters in our area, although I don't know why because we live in a subdivision next to a peacock farm and those birds are LOUD! Anyway, just curious to see if anyone has any idea about this bird. It's my daughters, and if it's a male I would rather find it a good home before she gets too attached.

Looks like a rooster.. :(

Back
Top Bottom